Need a new powder dispenser

coast range

Lil-Rokslider
Man mine is being really shitty with extruded powder. I have a fx120 but obviously a crappy dispenser, the one that came with a rock chucker kit. Worked fine til recently, the variation is stupid.
Any suggestions? Went all in on the scale but I don’t think I need the v4 auto as I would rather put my money elsewhere. Just need something relatively reliable and I don’t even mind trickling by hand. But throwing 20 gr. Difference is dumb

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Man, I don't know what I'd do without my auto trickler v4. Saves me hours per batch I'd guess. It's the one thing about my setup (mid-tier quality components for everything) that I would not change. That said, I've heard the RCBS chargemasters work OK if you're not looking for accuracy to the nearest grain.

TxLite

WKR
I think anything that isn’t an autotrickler is probably going to frustrate you beyond belief if you are testing charges from a different dispenser on a fx120. They aren’t going to be as accurate as the autotrickler will be.

That being said I’ve been happy with my old chargemaster 1500.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
My 15 year old Chargemaster 1500 still gets the job done. I haven't tested it on as high grade of a scale as you have, so I'm not sure what it's true variance is, but it's good enough. I've loaded thousands of rounds of .308 for Palma matches with it that were capable of shooting high master scores and never felt like it let me down or held me back.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Harrels (basic model) powder dispenser. A little better with ball, but close enough for me on stick powder. Helluva lot faster than anything else, I hold fives cases in a hand and drop right down the line. To be transparent, if I'm within +/- 0.1gr I'm plenty happy, Harrels hasn't put me outside of that yet. You do need to have a consistent lever motion for best results

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Harrels (basic model) powder dispenser. A little better with ball, but close enough for me on stick powder. Helluva lot faster than anything else, I hold fives cases in a hand and drop right down the line. To be transparent, if I'm within +/- 0.1gr I'm plenty happy, Harrels hasn't put me outside of that yet. You do need to have a consistent lever motion for best results
I've been curious to try the Harrels ever since Carl Ross posted about it in painless load development thread. It sounds like it would work great, especially for my loads that use TAC.

For @coast range 's use a Harrels dispenser might be ideal since he already has an excellent scale to correlate the powder drop micrometer settings to a weight and then drop charges much faster than a dispenser can.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I've been curious to try the Harrels ever since Carl Ross posted about it in painless load development thread. It sounds like it would work great, especially for my loads that use TAC.

For @coast range 's use a Harrels dispenser might be ideal since he already has an excellent scale to correlate the powder drop micrometer settings to a weight and then drop charges much faster than a dispenser can.
TAC/LEVER/H4350/Varget have all dropped well for me, with the stick powder you can feel it cut a little powder. If you take the time to write down the settings it's supposed to be repeatable too for powder charges. It's quick to dial back in a charge so I haven't bothered with writing it down yet.

Carl via Form turned me onto it. Powder dropping went from most painful part of the process to the easiest/fastest.

I use the f/a intelladropper. Does well, accurate to the 10th of a gr. Did real well with cfe223, when I put 4831sc in it sometimes it overtrickles, but not often. I don't even use my trickler, I let the auto dropper do it, if it screws up I toss the charge back in the hopper