WTB Need a CrossBow - Car accident jacked my shoulder/broke vertebrae

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey all, I had a very unfortunate accident last week. Broke 4 ribs and 2 vertebrae.
Multi point draw antelope tag that’s basically OIL. I will definitely not be cleared to use a bow until 2024. Total bummer.

I can’t afford a new bow.
Anyone out there looking to sell their old crossbow? Package?
Please let me know what you have.
Thanks, JW

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
whats your budget look like BA? Id start there. I can find you a descent setup just need to know what your working with.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Fwiw I bought a center point to dip my tow in the crossbow world A couple of years ago. It was about $450 shipped. bought new bolts and upgraded the scope but bet I am still under $600 all in. It ain’t a Raven but it holds a zero to 80 yards and shoots tennis ball size groups at 40. I have drilled two deer with it and it basically feels like cheating Compared to my compound bow.

*zap*

WKR
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
A recurve no cam xbow requires no tuning and you can easily change the strings....I use an excalibur exomax. Big/bulky and has worked fine for me since 2012 with zero issues. I made a sling to carry it with the arrow track parallel to the ground and that makes a huge difference.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My Excalibur Micro 360 TD which is my pride and joy also have a Vendetta Rangefinder mounted on it =)

and my Carbon Express Recurve Crossbow. (these are hard to find these days.)

Attachments

• IMG_3125.JPEG
    IMG_3125.JPEG
    471.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3126.JPEG
    IMG_3126.JPEG
    309.1 KB · Views: 19
OP
BrokenArrow
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks you all. I'm starting to get a way better idea of some options and a couple folks reached out with a couple of used bows.
Any ideas and insights are very welcome. This is a new realm for me.
Sucks that this will put me out of Pope and Young contention, but I'm not gonna say no to a long wait for a good tag.
Thanks again everyone.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You should reach out to Kendall at Black Ovis and see if this is still available....if it is something that interests you. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
BrokenArrow
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
You should reach out to Kendall at Black Ovis and see if this is still available....if it is something that interests you. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Hey, I saw this yesterday and I think I was a little too late. The ad is deleted.
Kendal has hooked me up with some killer deals over the years. Such a nice guy.
Thanks for the heads up

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I also have a Excalibur; Micro 340 Overwatch package with illuminated scope, bolts, It’s listed on another forum for $450 shipped.
PM me if interested ( I presume this type of response is ok by forum rules).
I am sticking to recurves last season and hopefully foreseeable future.
I’d entertain bow trades but don’t “NEED” anything .
Good luck with the shoulder rehab!

OP
BrokenArrow
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I also have a Excalibur; Micro 340 Overwatch package with illuminated scope, bolts, It’s listed on another forum for $450 shipped.
PM me if interested ( I presume this type of response is ok by forum rules).
I am sticking to recurves last season and hopefully foreseeable future.
I’d entertain bow trades but don’t “NEED” anything .
Good luck with the shoulder rehab!
Interesting! I also have a very generous offer from another seller.
Please understand that I am very new to the crossbow game and am doing research as I can (I'm luckily still working and on light duty). I'm looking into every bow.
And I've had a lot of members reach out. I appreciate all of it. I'm not the kind of guy that ever asks for help, to a fault, and its humbling to have folks reach out.
Thanks All

Ut300

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope this is okay to post this here. I am looking for a crossbow from someone that lives in the northern Utah area. I would like to pick it up at your door or meet somewhere.