Nebraska Buck

Is it difficult hunting pronghorn in Nebraska? I am a new resident and thinking of trying it. Much public land to hunt?

Is it difficult hunting pronghorn in Nebraska? I am a new resident and thinking of trying it. Much public land to hunt?

As a resident you'll have better odds, but it is still a pretty low success hunt if you're doing it all on public. Several members have mentioned the crowding from other hunters and goats going to private being issues.

I just moved to the eastern half of the state and am planning on starting to build some points for elk and antelope but access will be the issue I am afraid. I am planning on hunting deer out in the far western part of the state this year maybe that will clear some things up.

Archery is OTC, but it does get crowded; I believe historical success rates are around 20-25% for archery tags. It's not easy, and I would imagine guided hunts/private land hunters have a higher success rate than those of us that hunt public. It is a fun hunt though, even with the crowds/low odds of success.

There are Resident only firearm/muzzleloader seasons, but it takes at least 2 points to draw; units with more public/antelope require more points.

I didn’t have a tag but stalked this guy for fun. Got to 42 yards.
b27edc52630e77255ff8586d63089ee9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back