Nearly perfect peep

Wrench

WKR
I have been on the quest to get my front stuffer sights to rival my palma rig as close as legally possible.....well I think it is almost there.

I ran across the Gehmann adjustable iris and was able to machine a little bushing to space it out enough to clear the sight and it barely clears the action...perfect fit.

For reference, with the peep thst comes with the williams sights I focused on a nail in a sheet of plywood atv40 feet and can see the nail and surrounding coupke feet of wood.

With the Gehmann duaoed in the nail looks huge and I can chooseva quadrant of the nail. It's an amazing improvement. 20231011_195146.jpg20231011_195152.jpg20231011_195235.jpg

Cool! Been looking at those for years. Which model did you use and does it fit the Williams thread pattern directly?

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Cool! Been looking at those for years. Which model did you use and does it fit the Williams thread pattern directly?
I used the PH510. The PH is for parker hale which is the exact thread pitch as williams.

The only thing custom is the silver bushing between the jam nut, sight and aperture. The jam nut will hit the williams cross bar on the elevator. I could have machined the sight about. 030" to clear....but I had perfect bushing material on the shelf. You could make clearance with a few passes of a file and be just fine too.

Sweet - thanks! I’m gonna try one. Been using the Merit adjustable iris apertures and would love to try a Gehmann.