National Forest CLOSED for 60 days, For "Public Health and Safety"

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Batt

WKR
"To provide for public health and safety, Forest Order 05-07-00-23-02 was issued on January 13, 2023 temporarily closing the Monterey, Santa Lucia, Santa Barbara and Ojai Ranger Districts for 60 days. The temporary closure is effective through March 14, 2023. The Mt. Pinos Ranger District is open and not affected by the Forest Closure Order,"

Here's for all the people who said the preemptive "Fire Closures" where a good thing...
Now the Government Employees have taken it upon themselves to keep you safe during wet conditions too, by keeping you the hell out of the forest. I thought it was their job to put up warning signs and maintain "improved" areas...?
If you believe an individuals safety is not the responsibility of any Government agency, then please call the Los Padres Regional at 805-968-6640, and tell them.

This is Government laziness and overreach at its best. I find the suspension of liberty much more dangerous to humanity than the elements of nature.

Last edited:
OP
J Batt

J Batt

WKR
Well..... it is California.... We have the same issues here in Calirado
It's a relatively new practice here that started around Covid. Liberty is trading hands from individuals to bureaucratic agencies. The less people that make a stink about it the faster it will happen.
Send me a number that I can call, its all public land.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
I live in the Ojai and Santa Barbara ranger districts. Admittedly most of the access roads into the forest got washed out from this series of storms we just had but to not even allow hike or bike in access is ridiculous.

JStol5

WKR
They still don't allow cook fires or stoves in Angeles National Forest. Insanity. The order went from last summer through April 2023. They really think no one camping/backpacking is going to cook food?

Need to get a mass emailer put out on this…ridiculous. Close the roads if necessary, but don’t keep me off my land!

Several years ago during the federal shut down the forest service took it upon themselves to close all of the boat ramps in the state that were on forest service land. Not that they did anything for maintenance on 98% of them. Posting the signs was probably the most activity these accesses had seen on behalf of the feds in several years. That one has really stayed with me for how useless they are.

Several years ago during the federal shut down the forest service took it upon themselves to close all of the boat ramps in the state that were on forest service land. Not that they did anything for maintenance on 98% of them. Posting the signs was probably the most activity these accesses had seen on behalf of the feds in several years. That one has really stayed with me for how useless they are.
Man I know the feeling. What a travesty that place is

S-3 ranch

WKR
The congress and senate are raising the debt ceiling hopeful They don’t hold us hostage for long , California, Nevada, Colorado, Oregon, Washington , Montana
will cry till the rest of the usa pay for their stupidity

It’s only going to get worse until Congress pulls their heads out of their asses and give more funding to land management agencies to increase salaries to retain employees. We’re seeing these types of closures in California as it’s almost the breaking point for many employees that work for the circus there. The morale of working for a land management agency anywhere in the country is pretty bad.

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
**** this state. Some of us are not complete idiots that can survive a rainstorm. Don’t lock me out of my rivers during steelhead season….pricks.
Some of us can survive almost anything but might want to risk it all/go past the point of no return. Where does it say we can’t do that? If Canada can have a tv commercial for assisted suicide, I can go hike whenever I want.

Im defiantly not a fan of gov overreach but cmon guys. Its been raining like crazy here in a state that does not get much rain. The roads are ****** and there are large and small slides everywhere. I can see the intent behind the closure. Passable roads could be ****** up for a loooooong time if they let people drive all over the place right now.

OP
J Batt

J Batt

WKR
Im defiantly not a fan of gov overreach but cmon guys. Its been raining like crazy here in a state that does not get much rain. The roads are ****** and there are large and small slides everywhere. I can see the intent behind the closure. Passable roads could be ****** up for a loooooong time if they let people drive all over the place right now.
Its called freedom. It is an inconvenience to some...
And what you said is exactly the point. Its gonna be a "looooooong" time before every road is fixed and I guarantee you those trails won't be fixed. So do I just need to sit patiently at home until its safe to go outside?

Last edited:
OP
J Batt

J Batt

WKR
I don't care if every access road and trail head in the entire State is trashed. Why should that stop me from marching through the backcountry on my own two feet?
When I left my parents house I assumed all responsibility for myself. I have two eyes and a brain to judge what's safe and unsafe. If I fail at that it is on me. And to prevent people from exercising that is inhuman.
The argument being made here is fundamental.
-Should a human be able to make decisions for themselves or should a government shepherd over them and prevent them from doing anything deemed "unsafe" by that institution?

“Once the government employees find that they get paid the same for working or not and use budget money elsewhere, that will herald the end of our republic”

or was the quote about voting and money?

Status
Not open for further replies.