Nanny or Billy?

Looking at the closer goat. I think this one is a big nanny. Checks all the boxes except the "kink" in the horns. I did not get to see it pee to be sure.

What do you think?

OP
cornstalker
I'm going to buck the trend and say the closer goat is a ~2 yr old billy with a nanny behind.
I have been wrong so often on these that I can't discount your opinion. I have read that nannies hang on to their shed fur much longer than billies. The difference in the coats of the two are significant.

Thankfully, there seems to be little doubt when you see a billy with a few years under the belt.
That, or I am doomed to make the wrong call at trigger time...

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Nanny, from the head on view, those horns are almost as far apart as her eyes.

I have been wrong so often on these that I can't discount your opinion. I have read that nannies hang on to their shed fur much longer than billies. The difference in the coats of the two are significant.

Thankfully, there seems to be little doubt when you see a billy with a few years under the belt.
That, or I am doomed to make the wrong call at trigger time...

I'm by no means an expert, but I have helped being 6 goats off the mountain for other folks and eaten tag soup on my own. That particular clip I think is one of the hardest I've seen in the billy vs nanny game. The side view screams young billy to me, but the front view is ambiguous/leans young nanny. I've never really put much stock into the hair stays longer on one or the other. But honestly, that particular goat's just not one that I would be interested in punching a tag on, even if it were the evening of the last day. It's just a young animal.