Mystery Ranch Ultra Light MT compatibility with old MR bags

mrchomponthis

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried using one of Mystery Ranch's older bags with the new Ultra Light MT frame?

I'm looking to upgrade my frame and want to ensure compatibility with my older MR bags.

OP
mrchomponthis

mrchomponthis

Lil-Rokslider
The buckles are different - you need the “Time Machine conversion kit”
I'm aware of the "Time Machine conversation kit" being used for the Guide Light to Guide Light MT frame.

I didn't know the Ultra Light MT frame only needed the conversion kid, MR told me otherwise via phone.

I'm aware of the "Time Machine conversation kit" being used for the Guide Light to Guide Light MT frame.

I didn't know the Ultra Light MT frame only needed the conversion kid, MR told me otherwise via phone.
Well when you say “older” bag are you talking really old or guidelite MT old?

I don’t know the Ultra Light frames, just MT. MT has the buckles that have the compressed middle.

Look at this thread before I tell you something that’s not accurate!

OP
mrchomponthis

mrchomponthis

Lil-Rokslider

Look at this thread before I tell you something that’s not accurate!
I read through that thread, I think that touches more on using the "new" bags with a Guide Light MT frame.

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
I read through that thread, I think that touches more on using the "new" bags with a Guide Light MT frame.

You’ll either have to switch the pack buckles or the frame buckles. If it was me I’d switch the new frame buckles to be compatible with your old bag.

So I purchased a new bag to put on on an old frame. Had to buy new buckles & straps and just replace the straps on my new Gravelly 18 to get it to work on the Metcalf frame. Buckles are all different from the Metcalf and the pack frame. I still plan to use the Metcalf. Everyone was out of the "accessories straps" that I was told would convert the Gravelly 18 over but that was incorrect information. I am glad they were out of stock , so I didn't buy straps and buckles that would not have worked anyway. I Just going to modify these to make it work.

I am supposed to get the new straps and buckles tomorrow. I will follow if the buckles do match.

Brand: MAGARROW

78" x 1" Strap Buckle Packing Straps Adjustable 1-Inch Belt​

4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars 6,780 ratings

Following up.... I was able to modify the new straps that came with the Gravelly and modify two of the new Magarrow straps I bought above, to effectively attach that Gravelly pack to the Guide light Pack frame. I also have plenty of adjustment to utilize the meat shelf as well.