Mystery ranch Mule opinions?

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
I recently ordered the new 2020 beartooth 80 and was looking at the mule bag as a day pack for my frame.

*zap*

WKR
Good smaller bag with load shelf. With some extra buckles/straps you can add some compression straps. Good water bottle pockets(2).

OP
ZRob97

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
Good smaller bag with load shelf. With some extra buckles/straps you can add some compression straps. Good water bottle pockets(2).

Thanks, i think I'm pretty set on picking one up. Just wanted a second opinion

My $0.02 - mule is fine but i feel like 22L is on the small side for a daypack. Not a dig against the mule and you can use the load shelf but I seem to fill up a 25-30 liter daypack very fast with my eastern hunter whitetail gear, especially when I start carrying later season layers.

Maybe consider the pintler for a little more bag space.

Trunscav

FNG
I’m from northeast PA and already have a beartooth with the guide lite MT frame. I plan on picking up the 2020 mule bag only option for whitetail hunting. I think it will fit the bill perfectly for archery season public land hunting. having the loading shelf will allow for packing out a deer and feel like size of bag is plenty for what is needed on a day hunt. I am not sure who posted This pic initially to give them proper credit as I had only screen shot the image, but mystery ranch sells after market straps that can be added to the front of the pack for hauling more stuff in on the bag itself.

Attachments

• 7A3812E7-6C91-4659-B1FB-F3D003F50076.png
    7A3812E7-6C91-4659-B1FB-F3D003F50076.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 74

maxriver

FNG
Anyone have long term use reviews of the mule? Wondering how it works for you after a few seasons?

Geewhiz

WKR
Anyone have long term use reviews of the mule? Wondering how it works for you after a few seasons?
I have a mystery ranch frame that I swap between a metcalf for overnight+ hunts and a mule that I use for day hunts. I have thoroughly used and abused it and packed 10+/- animals a year on it and it's been great. I continue to be suprised that it holds up. Havent broken the frame, havent ripped stitching out, havent broken buckles or zippers. I personally witnessed that setup pack 3 bone in elk quarters and a skinned head (at the same time) at a confirmed on a scale weight of 173 lbs. Not sure that you could ask for more.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I have a mystery ranch frame that I swap between a metcalf for overnight+ hunts and a mule that I use for day hunts. I have thoroughly used and abused it and packed 10+/- animals a year on it and it's been great. I continue to be suprised that it holds up. Havent broken the frame, havent ripped stitching out, havent broken buckles or zippers. I personally witnessed that setup pack 3 bone in elk quarters and a skinned head (at the same time) at a confirmed on a scale weight of 173 lbs. Not sure that you could ask for more.
Bless the poor soul that carried that load!

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Haha I hesitate to mention that b/c of doubters but I can vouch for it and it is a true testament to the durability of that pack.
Definitely not doubting. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I’ve done my share of crazy stuff myself. Unfortunately those days are a little behind me now

maxriver

FNG
Thanks for the input, Started using the Metcalf this summer and loved the frame. I am going to go ahead and get the Mule (Bag Only) to go along with the set up because of your input.

Geewhiz

WKR
Thanks for the input, Started using the Metcalf this summer and loved the frame. I am going to go ahead and get the Mule (Bag Only) to go along with the set up because of your input.
1695336393132.png
This is a metcalf on a guide light frame but that there is a heavy load and those mr packs do just fine. I think you will be pleased.

The attach points, strap locations, and materials on the metcalf and the mule are the same so when using the load shelf they are essentially the same, just different volume bags, which you probly already know.