Mystery Ranch Discontinue

I saw that on a Facebook group today and am curious if there is any merit to it.

Not sure if the OPs question is coming from the same post I saw or somewhere else but in the Mystery Ranch Facebook group there was a guy posting today that they were getting rid of their Outdoor/Hunting team. He said Yeti wanted to focus on the mission product line and Yeti branded packs. There was another guy that chimed in and confirmed with friends who worked there saying they would get a severance package or move to Denver to work on the Yeti pack line.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Not sure if the OPs question is coming from the same post I saw or somewhere else but in the Mystery Ranch Facebook group there was a guy posting today that they were getting rid of their Outdoor/Hunting team. He said Yeti wanted to focus on the mission product line and Yeti branded packs. There was another guy that chimed in and confirmed with friends who worked there saying they would get a severance package or move to Denver to work on the Yeti pack line.
I saw it on a few pages today.

WKR
So, they bought the company, had one mild revision of previous pack designs, and have now closed it down?

Weird.

TheTone

WKR
So, they bought the company, had one mild revision of previous pack designs, and have now closed it down?

Weird.
Yep, weird, plus just recently launching some hunting packs in old school mossy oak

Are my old Bozeman made MR hunting packs about to go up in value?

intunegp

WKR
My theory is that someone at Yeti wants the dude-bros hunting so they have a sick IG post to further self-identify, and they will do just that with their Mossy Oak Yeti pack.

My theory is that someone at Yeti wants the dude-bros hunting so they have a sick IG post to further self-identify, and they will do just that with their Mossy Oak Yeti pack.
yea, i bet they switch the consumer side to Yeti branded packs.

TaperPin

WKR
Jeeze - I guess when my DANA packs wear out I’ll have to replace them with Yetis.

Just kidding - original DANA owners are getting old enough a lot of near new packs are on eBay from estate sales. :)

Geewhiz

WKR
Maybe I missed it but is mystery ranch now making packs that are branded with yeti logos?

jjjjeremy

Lil-Rokslider
Jeeze - I guess when my DANA packs wear out I’ll have to replace them with Yetis.

Just kidding - original DANA owners are getting old enough a lot of near new packs are on eBay from estate sales. :)

All of mine had the lining deteriorate eventually. Gummy and gross.

For a while It has been pretty obvious that Mystery Ranch was going to go down eventually. Once I saw that they were doing collaborations and "boutique" stores in Japan, it was clear they were trying to get a flash in the pan before burning it down.

intunegp

WKR
Maybe I missed it but is mystery ranch now making packs that are branded with yeti logos?

I was just joking but I suppose it is TBD how the new ownership will handle things. When they bought Butter Pat cast iron, the Butter Pat stuff was pretty much immediately discontinued and replaced by Yeti brand pans. Maybe because Mystery Ranch has more brand recognition within their target market they'll keep the branding around.

TaperPin

WKR
All of mine had the lining deteriorate eventually. Gummy and gross.

For a while It has been pretty obvious that Mystery Ranch was going to go down eventually. Once I saw that they were doing collaborations and "boutique" stores in Japan, it was clear they were trying to get a flash in the pan before burning it down.
They did have a period of weird linings. Luckily mine never did that - material for the older packs must have been sourced from a different place. What a strange defect.

I take that back - I did end up with a small Astralplane that was a freebie with some other stuff that I didn’t look too closely at - that gummy lining is very gross.

Last edited: