Mystery Ranch beartooth 80 sizing

I’m new to the hunting/backpacking game in Alaska and was wondering if anyone has gotten a pack and then lost a decent bit of weight and how their pack fit after that. I’m about 6ft 230lbs and likely going to lose about 25-30lbs and don’t know how much that will affect the pack fit.

Braaap

WKR
You should be able to get smaller hip pads from MR if needed. Your torso length won’t change so I would think buy what fits now and swap out hip pads later if needed. I would call MR and ask their advice.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
They sell smaller hip belts. That’s a current production pack so it won’t be a problem.

Cost me about $45 to the door to get a smaller hip belt for my pack. Worth it. I’m 6’2 and was almost 250. I’m now 230 and going down still. I have the M/L belt.

The difference is how much you can tighten it, obviously. If it’s made for a big boy, you’ll end up running out of web to take the slack out, putting weight on shoulders.

Cjidaho

FNG
I have the Beartooth and it seems to have a lot of adjustment. I run a large and Im 5'8 around 200.

Rfranke

FNG
I have had 3 MR packs over the years and had to swap belts in the past. MR made it easy and the swap was pretty easy. As Logan123 said above, I think it was ~$50.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
I’m new to the hunting/backpacking game in Alaska and was wondering if anyone has gotten a pack and then lost a decent bit of weight and how their pack fit after that. I’m about 6ft 230lbs and likely going to lose about 25-30lbs and don’t know how much that will affect the pack fit.

yep, been there.

I use a MR guide light MT with selway and mule bags. Lost 30lbs over the winter and just swapped my waist belt from large to medium. Took about 10 minutes and was arounf $60 Cdn. Pack fits is perfect again.

OP
N
yep, been there.

I use a MR guide light MT with selway and mule bags. Lost 30lbs over the winter and just swapped my waist belt from large to medium. Took about 10 minutes and was arounf $60 Cdn. Pack fits is perfect again.
Okay, great to know! Also I’m pretty ignorant to packs by “select and mule bags” are those different bags that fit that frame?

CA_Gopher

FNG
Okay, great to know! Also I’m pretty ignorant to packs by “select and mule bags” are those different bags that fit that frame?

They are both bags that fit on the MR frames.

The Selway seems to have been discontinued as I don't see it offered on their site anymore. Maybe someone else has a solid answer for that.

The Mule is still available and is a smaller MR bag (23L) that fits on the Guidelight MT frame as well.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
Best way to know would be to just call them. You’ll have to order it from them anyway.

OP
N
They are both bags that fit on the MR frames.

The Selway seems to have been discontinued as I don't see it offered on their site anymore. Maybe someone else has a solid answer for that.

The Mule is still available and is a smaller MR bag (23L) that fits on the Guidelight MT frame as well.
Oh, okay. Thanks for that haha. I haven’t spent much time looking around on their site so I hadn’t seen the mule