Mystery Ranch 6500

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I was wanting to see if anyone had some pictures of what the Mystery Ranch 6500 looks like when collapsed. I just got a Timberline, but I am thinking it just may not be for me. I know everyone has been bitten by the Kifaru bug, but surely someone is still using MR packs!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
SANY0555.jpg

oh wait you said collasped :D

Not my pic, but here is a NICE 6500 sucked up tight:

NICE6500compressed.jpg

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aron has an older thread on Bowsite with the 6500 collapsed. Search for "back pack review." I think it was in "part2" and I think there were 3 parts to the reviews.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
And if you do sell the Timberline I can't imagine you would have any trouble selling it.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you didn't like the standard Timberline suspension, than you may wanna try the Duplex Timberline. If it was just the bag layout you didn't like than forget I said that:)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'd be willing to trade the NICE 6500 with the load sling I have for a Timberline for sure!!

Lawnboi

WKR
Id try to get your hands on a 6500 atleast before selling the timberline. I debated on these very 2 packs, and a few months ago i was able to check out a 6500. I was very glad i went with the timberline, the 6500 didnt impress me very much.

OP
D

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
You guys that have had a 6500, what did you think about the load lifting capability? I have owned a crewcab before, and the reason I ended up selling it was because of the lack of load lift.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The 6500 has functional load lifters.

It has 2 attachment points for the lifters (one on the Nice Frame and one on the actual 6500 bag).

It would be helpful if we knew what you didn't like about the Tline and could direct you towards a different pack/model from that.

You will find a large difference between the Tline, Duplex Tline and MR packs, but those may be good things for you...just need help narrowing it down a little.