My rifle scope saga continues…

OP
T
If this is your only gun, it would be hard for me to put an SWFA on it. I have one, I like the scope, it works, does everything it needs to do including work in low light.

If something does happen, which they seem to hold up really well, but nothing is 100%, there's no telling when or if you would see a replacement.

Both NF or Trijicon will have you another scope in a few weeks, assuming with Trijicon you are the original purchase, not sure with NF.

If shopping used, it might be the only way you would get a sniff at a warranty is SWFA, but them being able to replace it is pretty questionable.

I don't think a warranty is everything, I want a functioning scope that holds zero over a warranty that keeps replacing a scope that won't hold zero. But once you are down to those 3 you are into reliable scopes and a warranty would start to weigh into my purchase decision.

Good to know. Swfa does seem a bit sketchy almost on how little there is out there. I’ll keep an eye on the classifieds for one of the others. Several NFs right now, just all happen to be MOA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the Maven 1.2 a lot you can get one in MOA if you don't want to wait. It's a chunky choice which may or may not be an important consideration.

I have a swfa 3-9 on my primary hunting rifle nothing beats it in that 19oz weight range.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

OP
T
I like the Maven 1.2 a lot you can get one in MOA if you don't want to wait. It's a chunky choice which may or may not be an important consideration.

I have a swfa 3-9 on my primary hunting rifle nothing beats it in that 19oz weight range.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

I just want a little more than the 9x.

Hnthrdr

WKR
This thread is making me want to stop being and idiot and learn Milrads… then I can take all my cheat sheets off my buttstocks haha 😆

Hnthrdr

WKR
Honestly man, maybe check out the trijicon ascent or Huron. The ascent comes in a 3-12. I have to check but they might have a mil version. Go to eurooptic.com they are probably my favorite place to buy scopes from best prices hands down they have a sale on those right now too…. Edit check out the accupoint 2.5-12.5 mil dot with green (non battery illumination) seems like it would fit the bill for you 896 so under your budget too

You can get a trijicon credo for a bit less than a tenmile. Best I can tell, same scope, different mag indication ranges. I gave around $855 for the last ones I bought new a month ago. 2.5-15x44 in mil.

If you want ffp, the tenmile in the classifieds is a pretty sweet deal. But if you've never use ffp it’ll take some getting used to.

KenLee

WKR
So after all the advice I’ve been searching the classifieds and interwebs pretty heavy. I’ve found a few options but several are really pushing my budget. Seems like

Tenmile ~ 1200ish
Nf shv ~ 1200 again. Maybe 1000 if one pops up used.

Or I found a swfa ss hd for about 800.

Is the 400 worth it for the step up? I haven’t found a lot comparing them. 800 seemed like a pretty good price compared to retail(when they’re in stock).

I also like the look of the swfa reticle. Seems a little less chaotic over the NF.

Yes