My rifle scope saga continues…

Hnthrdr

WKR
I agree most FFP reticles can be hard to see at lower magnification. This is why there should be more 3x FFP scopes out there. A lot easier to use with less magnification, and the reticle can be a lot bigger in the lower range to start with.

I'd also argue that all SFP reticles are useless in that 4-6x range because the reticle is only useful at maximum magnification. Sure you can see it better, but the marks are entirely meaningless. A 3-15 SFP at 6x means anything but a simple duplex is a waste of time since it's off by a factor that you will not be doing in your head.
This is why I like a SFP with an exposed elevation turret. I dial, I don’t hold over generally.

z987k

WKR
This is why I like a SFP with an exposed elevation turret. I dial, I don’t hold over generally.
Most people dial and hold for wind I think. But then your wind holds are only useful at max power. The solution as I see it there is to not overpower your scope. 9-12x on top max and you can actually be at that magnification if you're shooting at a distance that wind matters.