My New Exo

jdmaxwell

WKR
My Exo 3500 pack arrived today. I was super impressed. Can't wait to really try it out in coming months.
Past 3 years i have ran a Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 in Colorado.
I have hauled elk quarters out in it every year with no problem.
But i will say i think this pack is gonna be a couple steps up from my initial observation.

OP
jdmaxwell

jdmaxwell

WKR
I’m glad you like it and you won’t be disappointed. What made you make the switch?

Decided after last years pack out to try something else.
Bro in law killed cow last year.
We did it in one trip. I had front quater and hind quarter in my Kuiu. Plus his bow strapped on my pack.
Kuiu got job done, but figured try another.

snopro176

WKR
I love my kuiu bag, but I have to think theres more comfortable packs out there. I'm not a fan of their lumbar pad. Im toying with a SG or exo now so whenever you have some time to review your exo, I'd love to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I love both my Kuiu bag and the icon frame that come with it. It doesn't handle weight as comfortably as my other frames from Kifaru. But, it will flat get it done pretty dang good. I hope your expectations are met with this new pack. EXO is a great company and run by great fellas. Not sure it could be anything but awesome knowing that.

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to order one myself. Heard they are doing some updates, but price will reflect said updates I'm sure. Being rather tight lip about it.

Billinsd

WKR
More adjustability, other stuff.... I'm going to measure my torso, it's on the long side like Michael Phelps.

OP
jdmaxwell

jdmaxwell

WKR
I love my kuiu bag, but I have to think theres more comfortable packs out there. I'm not a fan of their lumbar pad. Im toying with a SG or exo now so whenever you have some time to review your exo, I'd love to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10 4.

PA-R

Lil-Rokslider
I have a new exo 3500, about two weeks now, did a couple training hikes, so far so good.

md126

WKR
Best value out there for a high end pack. Quality, design, and customer service is outstanding and cheaper than Kifaru or SG. Not cheap, but cheaper.

Used mine on a solo backpack elk hunt and was super happy with it.

Rchr

FNG
I also have a Kuiu 3200 pack but have been eyeing an Exo bag for a couple of years now. Which of the 2 do you think is more comfortable?

OP
jdmaxwell

jdmaxwell

WKR
I also have a Kuiu 3200 pack but have been eyeing an Exo bag for a couple of years now. Which of the 2 do you think is more comfortable?

Just my opinion but so far for me the Exo.
I have to load it up super heavy yet to try.

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
I switched from Kuiu to Exo. Still use and love the Kuiu 1800 for afternoon hikes with the dog and kids(hauling some clothes and snacks). That said, any moderate load or the potential to pack an animal I’ll absolutely have the Exo. Belt and frame just fit me much better which makes heavy loads more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andersb9

FNG
I have hauled out about 90 pounds (mature elk head and cape and some meat with it.) No problems. Can tighten it a lot and scinches down right. It was through some pretty step and nasty country. Was super happy. No sure if that = a lot of weight, but FYI.

Spoonage

FNG
Just ordered my Exo 5500. Hoping to get that in the next 2 weeks. Great guys to deal with and customer service has been top notch is response time to my questions. Excited to get my hands on it and put it through some use. I'm sure I'll be placing another order when their new stuff comes out later this year.

Last edited:
OP
jdmaxwell

jdmaxwell

WKR
I have hauled out about 90 pounds (mature elk head and cape and some meat with it.) No problems. Can tighten it a lot and scinches down right. It was through some pretty step and nasty country. Was super happy. No sure if that = a lot of weight, but FYI.

I hauled bone in hind quarter and front quarter from bro in law really big cow last year.
Plus my bow strapped to my Kuiu last year. It did fine.
Just hoping EXO will be tad more comfortable