My first elk is almost home

OP
mms2

mms2

FNG
I know he is no monster but I'm curious what you guys think he would score?

OP
mms2

mms2

FNG
I do I worked for it, got it on the last day.

I never asked at the time but I have been asked a lot in the last year by others I'm from Indiana so no one here has a frame of reference every one thinks its huge. also know that the photos in the field make a huge difference. I always read threads about people not being able to judge and the internet makes everything bigger. In my head he is about 260-270 was wondering if I was off.

"Score" has to do with it's value as a Trophy. It's a Trophy to you, and is a beautiful bull. Many hunters hunt their entire life and never see one like that, much less shoot one and you have him in your living room. Plus you have the memories that will last forever. Congratulations on your Trophy. He really looks good.

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
Out of curiousity, what does a quality shoulder mount like this cost? I have always just DIY european mount

GSPHUNTER

WKR
"Score" has to do with it's value as a Trophy. It's a Trophy to you, and is a beautiful bull. Many hunters hunt their entire life and never see one like that, much less shoot one and you have him in your living room. Plus you have the memories that will last forever. Congratulations on your Trophy. He really looks good.
110% agree. Great bull.

OP
mms2

mms2

FNG
if/ when I get another bull I will go euro unless it was a true monster... this will always be my first.

Confrats on the nice bull! Score ot up when you get it back. Itll probably be a nice reality check on how big a 300 inch bull is lol. My first bull was similiar to yours i thought he was 270 ish, he was really a 230 5x6. It didnt matter to me but it made me realize and respect how big a 300” bull really is. But congrats again its exciting getting your first one back!