My daily food

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
My eggs come from my own free range chickens and they are way different than store bought eggs. Store bought eggs taste like rubber compared to free range.

Sounds awesome, lab-roamer! Our lifestyle isn't very conducive to raising chickens (or pets, or a vegetable garden, or house plants---we are just away from home on trips way too much I guess!), but I might have to see if I can't find some for sale locally. I am told once you start eating free range eggs, you never go back :)

lab-roamer

Lil-Rokslider
Becca

The chickens are pretty much self-sufficient in spring, summer and fall(just have to take care of the occasional predator). Vegatable gardening is pretty easy too if you do it right. Maybe, if I'm lucky enough to take Luke up on his old offer to come North I could give a tip or two.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Becca

The chickens are pretty much self-sufficient in spring, summer and fall(just have to take care of the occasional predator). Vegatable gardening is pretty easy too if you do it right. Maybe, if I'm lucky enough to take Luke up on his old offer to come North I could give a tip or two.

You would be more than welcome! We always love sharing "our" Alaska with folks from down south...

Don't the chickens have to be fed and watered regularly? The only houseplants we have currently are ones that I water monthly, or when they start to droop :) But my Christmas cactus is blooming, so I must be doing something right :)

lab-roamer

Lil-Rokslider
I keep feed in a chicken feeder that will last for a few weeks in the summer. The chicken's are constantly feeding on seeds, bugs, worms, etc... As far as water I keep bucket under the eves of the house that gets filled with rain water or water from the hose. They are pretty easy and the eggs are great.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
6 egg whites and 5oz of ground turkey for breakfast.
Protein Bar and apple for morning snack.
6 oz turkey burger, and 2 cups brocholli for lunch
Rice cake/PB and Strawberries for afternoon snack.
Venison Fajitas on tap for supper.
Most likely Almonds and Yogurt for late snack.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Les what bars are you eating? So many I see have tons of sugar. What do you recommend?
Thanks

Yes most bars are high in sugar. I have had good luck with Life Choice bars. Again more sugar than I would like, but much better than many other options. Sorry for the delay!

Clifton

FNG
Hello,
In my daily life i just maintain my food,
If ever i cross my limit result in bad health.