My Caribou story...

OP
buffybr

buffybr

FNG
That was one of the most enjoyable stories I have read in a while. Great job documenting all your hunts with photos and remembering the details of each day. Thank you for taking the time to share that with us. Congrats on all the exceptional animals you have taken. Great memories.
In 1988 I got married to a woman with 2 kids. She said that my original tri-level house wasn't big enough for all of my stuff and her kids, so I designed and built a 2,000 sq ft addition on to my house. The bottom level has 2 large bedrooms, a family room, a walk-in closet, and a bath and a half. Mostly all of that was for her kids.

The upstairs of the addition (that I posted pictures of) is 30'x35' with 9.5 foot side walls and a 14' open beam ceiling. Back then I didn't have even 1/4 of the mounts that I have now, and I never thought that room would be too small.

I divorced her in 2000-01 and I became free to live my life. Now, both my Trophy Room and my Living Room are full of mounts, and there are still hunts that I want to go on.

Every morning I sit in my easy chair in my Trophy Room for about an hour while drinking my orange juice and coffee, talk to my GF, and enjoy the memories of all of those hunts.

In 1988 I got married to a woman with 2 kids. She said that my original tri-level house wasn't big enough for all of my stuff and her kids, so I designed and built a 2,000 sq ft addition on to my house. The bottom level has 2 large bedrooms, a family room, a walk-in closet, and a bath and a half. Mostly all of that was for her kids.

The upstairs of the addition (that I posted pictures of) is 30'x35' with 9.5 foot side walls and a 14' open beam ceiling. Back then I didn't have even 1/4 of the mounts that I have now, and I never thought that room would be too small.

I divorced her in 2000-01 and I became free to live my life. Now, both my Trophy Room and my Living Room are full of mounts, and there are still hunts that I want to go on.

Every morning I sit in my easy chair in my Trophy Room for about an hour while drinking my orange juice and coffee, talk to my GF, and enjoy the memories of all of those hunts.
Scores are very cool and we can all appreciate the accomplishment of harvesting a mature animal in his prime but at the end of the day a memory is all they are. It’s important and special to reminisce and look back on all of them.

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
Well done. I sat on the side lines for much of my life. I always found a way to talk myself out setting the date. looking back now I had the money and I will never get that time back.

OP
buffybr

buffybr

FNG
I bet your taxidermist has you in his favorites/speed dial list.

Very nice sir. Impressive!
I think at last count, my current taxidermist has done 60 mounts for me, including several birds and fish.

Unfortunately, he still has the skins of 6 other animals of mine from as far back as 2005 waiting to be mounted.

Brian77

FNG
The Unlimited Tag Units just north of Yellowstone NP.

Back then the tags were $25 for residents, OTC, you could buy one if you weren't successfull in the Drawing, and if you killed a ram you didn't have to wait 7 years to apply again.

The sheep season opened in early September and lasted until the last Sunday in November. Some units wouldn't fill the quota.

Grizzly tags were also OTC and $25.

Those were the good old days! And we didn't know how how good we had it.

I bought an Unlimited Sheep tag for at least 8 years, hunted in at least 4 Units, and most years I only hunted the first weekend.
That hurts my heart ... I wish so fervently that i could have hunted back then.... I have a friend and neighbor that lived near Bozeman in the late 80's and his stories are unreal

Drelkly

FNG
What a delightful tale and fantastic summary. Every detail feels like a prize to be treasured.