My buddy drew G17

My buddy drew G17 the second hunt we are both excited.He has guided 1 or 2 years for sheep and goats I haven't had much first hand experience with goats.We are going to do at least 2 scouting trips and hunt it hard.We are both in our late 20's and in good shape and have good backpacking gear.My buddy bought a map of the area with goat kills on it from the last 3 to 5 years so that is our starting point just like everyone else who has drawn the tag!I know the area isn't a high population unit with lots of B C goats but if we scout hard I think we can find a good goat.I was wondering if anybody had any tips on goat hunting in general or in this unit(I am not asking for your honey hole). I am ready to get into that timberline country....I love it!

Thanks Gabe

P.S.With a little luck i might find a 200inch buck for next year.

shanevg

WKR
Jealous! That's the unit I applied for. Did he get the first or second season tag? How many points did he have? Be sure to keep us updated on the hunt!

Sit down and glass, glass, glass, and glass. When you are sure there are no goats in that drainage, move a little to the side, the repeat glass glass glass. They have a way of just showing up. Don't just look above timberline, look into it to. Should be a great time. Good luck.