Muzzleloader barrel length vs velocity

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any good data on FPS gain with barrel length on muzzle loaders? Everywhere I look either comes back with centerfire data or some guys comment that its going to be higher but doesnt give a number.

There site is gone but here is an archived version of the conclusions.

Choot

FNG
Classified Approved
I have a Cva optima v2 I found for cheap I chopped down to 20in. Need to find some blackhorn so I can test it out

hunny78

FNG
I haven't come across specific FPS gain data for muzzle loaders based on barrel length. It seems there's a lack of detailed information available, possibly due to the variability in setups and ammunition types.

hunny78

FNG
I haven't come across specific FPS gain data for muzzle loaders based on barrel length. It seems there's a lack of detailed information available, possibly due to the variability in setups and ammunition types.

Theres some pretty detailed info in those links I posted above….

I didn't know that, actually. I've only ever fired black powder out of my muzzleloaders. Any idea what barrel length does with that?
Don’t know off the top of my head how barrel length and black interact. Most of the real black I’ve shot was in Africa. There’s prob some data out there somewhere though.