Murphy precision titanium rails?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Does anybody have one of these? I’m still looking for a light but durable setup for my Kimber 8400 and that Murphy Ti rail looks pretty great. I’d either use Ken Farrell or nightforce ultralight rings.

Is that rail worth the he price?

Thanks!

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
I have one on the way for a lone peak razor ti. Putting APA 30mm lows. I hope it is good, wasn’t cheap.

SDHNTR

WKR
I installed one for a friend. VERY nice. Didn't weigh it, but it felt like nothing in the hand. With Farrell, you'd have a light, strong and low set up. NF would be light and strong too, just not quite as low.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the APA are lighter and .750 vs .735, so still pretty low. Paired with ti rail should be good

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Right now, for the Kimber 8400 they just offer stainless or titanium. The stainless one is already expensive. I’m interested just in the titanium one for weight savings even though the Ti is like 700 dollars more than the stainless one.

BBob

WKR
I’ve used lots of Murphy rails in both Ti and SS. High quality and fast service. He’s done semi custom work for me too. If ever a problem he’s fixed it quick.

Last edited:
OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve used lots of Murphy trails in both Ti and SS. High quality and fast service. He’s done semi custom work for me too. If ever a problem he’s fixed it quick.
Was it expensive to get custom work done? Or was it pretty reasonable?

BBob

WKR
Was it expensive to get custom work done? Or was it pretty reasonable?
At the time he didn’t charge me any different than what a standard one was listed for. I’ve had him do custom hole spacing and custom port cuts. I’ve sent him drawings and talked to him on the phone multiple times. He’s a great guy.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
At the time he didn’t charge me any different than what a standard one was listed for. I’ve had him do custom hole spacing and custom port cuts. I’ve sent him drawings and talked to him on the phone multiple times. He’s a great guy.
Right on, thanks. I was thinking I wouldn’t mind having more clearance to load and eject. Seems like they could fairly easily machine away a bit of the rail.

I suppose I might not even need it.

They are made extremely well. Very lightweight and cut with high precision. You won’t regret it. I bought one for my Weatherby backcountry 2.0 Ti in the last year and will just order from him for the near future.

Last edited:

slowelk

WKR
Right on, thanks. I was thinking I wouldn’t mind having more clearance to load and eject. Seems like they could fairly easily machine away a bit of the rail.

I suppose I might not even need it.

I have three Murphy titanium rails. He's always done custom work for me at no extra charge. Shortening a rail, or for a receiver he's never worked with - no extra charge. The quality is top-notch.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have three Murphy titanium rails. He's always done custom work for me at no extra charge. Shortening a rail, or for a receiver he's never worked with - no extra charge. The quality is top-notch.
That’s awesome, I’m going to shoot him a message today, o appreciate the feedback.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I emailed him to see what he thinks. He didn’t get back to me yet. I emailed Ken Farrell like a week ago…and he still hasn’t gotten back to me.

I should have let them know I’m a WKRr.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed him to see what he thinks. He didn’t get back to me yet. I emailed Ken Farrell like a week ago…and he still hasn’t gotten back to me.

I should have let them know I’m a WKRr.
I called and he picked right up. Very helpful.