Multiple bows?

How many of you guys shoot multiple bows? I shoot and tinker a lot. Spent all winter shooting indoor and tweaking my Reckoning 35 target bow. Got to where I was able to shoot a 300/45x 5 spot BHFS and average high 290’s. Transitioned to our local 3d events with the same bow and started playing with vtac-23’s and x cutter arrows. Also, when I started shooting indoor with a thumb button I set my draw at 30” from 29-1/2” and it made a huge difference in pin float. 2024 Cold Bow Challenge comes and I break out the Solution and decide to go from index to thumb button, 29-1/2” to 30” draw and change arrows from gold tip hunter pro 300’s at 490gr to Victory RIP TKO 250’s at 445gr the week before the challenge. Got an ok broadhead tune done and did the challenge. At the same time I got the recurve out to knock the rust off that for the challenge. I am constantly tinkering and testing things trying to improve. Anyone else constantly changing their set up and tweaking things? Not sure where I was going with this. The CBC got me wondering if shooting multiple bows helps or hurts in the long run.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Have 2 that I shoot, but they are both the same and setup the same except for the sight mounting. One is a dovetail and the other a direct mount.
I want switching from one to the other to be as seamless as possible.

big44a4

WKR
How many of you guys shoot multiple bows? I shoot and tinker a lot. Spent all winter shooting indoor and tweaking my Reckoning 35 target bow. Got to where I was able to shoot a 300/45x 5 spot BHFS and average high 290’s. Transitioned to our local 3d events with the same bow and started playing with vtac-23’s and x cutter arrows. Also, when I started shooting indoor with a thumb button I set my draw at 30” from 29-1/2” and it made a huge difference in pin float. 2024 Cold Bow Challenge comes and I break out the Solution and decide to go from index to thumb button, 29-1/2” to 30” draw and change arrows from gold tip hunter pro 300’s at 490gr to Victory RIP TKO 250’s at 445gr the week before the challenge. Got an ok broadhead tune done and did the challenge. At the same time I got the recurve out to knock the rust off that for the challenge. I am constantly tinkering and testing things trying to improve. Anyone else constantly changing their set up and tweaking things? Not sure where I was going with this. The CBC got me wondering if shooting multiple bows helps or hurts in the long run.

For me I shot the best when I only had 1 bow. I still have a different target setup for now but looking to move to 2 of the same bow one setup for target and the other for hunting in the near future.

Currently going between 3, one for field, one for 3d, then my hunting bow that I pickup if I go shooting turkeys.

Have another that is my normal indoor bow, but by mid January this year I was mostly using the bow I'm using for field.

Still have 2 other backup target bows, one can double as a backup hunting bow.

Use to shoot my stick bows, but haven't done much with them in the past 9 months or so.

hoytboy

FNG
I shoot 1 bow for everything, I also have a backup bow that is setup similar. I previously shot multiple bows, but find I am more consistent using a single bow for all.

CCooper

WKR
I have 4, I shoot them all from time to time- but mostly have problems getting rid of things. 95% of my shooting is with the one I intend to hunt with for the season. I need to part with a couple of them while they still have some value.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I have two I regularly shoot, mainly using one for hunting and the other for 3d and indoor.
I have a 3rd that I only shoot before hunting season, so it is ready as a backup if it ever became necessary.

OP
Jstumbaugh
I like the idea of two bows that are the same, set up differently maybe. This is my first full season with a target bow and a hunting bow. I easily could hunt with the Reckoning if needed.

I used to tinker a ton. Trad bows it's a different style of tinkering, but there's lots of stuff you can change there too.

Now I just want bulletproof setups that are accurate. Now I mostly change things in my shot process and form. I only tweak the bow setup if I'm out shooting the tune. Like this spring I was breaking really consistent shots or days on end with the longbow and wasn't grouping tight enough. Assessed the bareshafts and paper, and decided the only possible cause was the round grip. Flattened it out and got my precision back up.

I have a matching pair of old Prime Rivals....different camo pattern but everything else is identical from the sight to the arrow rest to the draw length and draw weight. Really nice to pick them up and have them shooting the same.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Have 2, same model, a few years apart. Primary and back up, same sights, same arrows etc. don’t want something silly to end my season

nphunter

WKR
I have a compound and a couple recurves. I use to have a couple compounds but I never end up shooting the second bow and it just sits there. I forget that every now and then and build a backup bow and then decide it never gets shot and sell it again.

With the trad bows I mess around with stuff but don't change much. This year I sanded my grip flat to help with consistency and switched from the shelf to using a rest and button and so far I really like it. I have another old BlackHawk I've had for 30+ years that I don't mess with other than to take it out now and then and shoot it for fun.

jbelz

FNG
Primary concern for me is grip consistency. If I have a bow for target, it'll have the same grip as my hunting bow. Anymore now, though, I think every arrow you shoot through a target bow is one less arrow you're shooting through your hunting bow.

MattB

WKR
I like my hunting bows to be set up as closely to one another as possible.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I am constantly tinkering as well and right now bounce between 4 bows I use my V3 31 for 3d I use my V3X 29 for hunting when it’s hunting season then 3d as well after season I only use my VXR 28 for hunting use my Hoyt helix for testing shooting without a peep and trying different things and releases most of my other bows just hang on the wall and I shoot them sometimes in my bow room..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKM

FNG
I’ve had had two many times. I don’t buy new bows often but when I do I always keep the older one for a year before I sell it

There has been a couple occasions that the old bow stayed and the newer one was sold

Wolf13

FNG
Currently have three, but want to get down to one. Two old (2012sh) compounds that i basically have to give away because they are old, and two newer bows. I’ll decide between the two new ones and only keep one.