Multi purpose tripod head

Lawnboi

WKR
I’m looking to replace my current tripod head. Currently I’m running a slik 624 or something with a benro S2 pan head. This setup works great for glassing. However I just picked up a pig saddle to begin shooting off my tripod as well. My wife will be hunting this year and as a new shooter and hunter I’m trying to stack the odds in her favor.

So I tried the benro S2 with the saddle, and it’s definitely not meant for the weight of a rifle, atleast not my rifle. The knobs on the head also interfere with the saddle on skinny guns like my wife’s tikka. So I’m looking for a replacement.

I’m thinking about a heavier duty balll style head, but I’m also glassing and thinking a pan head would be best for that. Anything out there that’s the best of both worlds?

I’m also not looking to spend 500 bucks on a tripod head. It does not need to be UL but it’s going on a lightweight tripod, so something huge is not wanted.

Long story short I’m looking for something that will support
-Binos
-65mm spotting scope
-pig saddle and gun <10lbs
-Not cost a kidney

Iv looked at some other options as far as rails and such go and have no desire to add more weight to my gun, and am kind of stuck with the pig saddle to be able to use a variety of different guns in it.

USMC22

WKR
I have the Manfrotto 324RC2 and think it’s up to the tasks you are looking for. Doesn’t cost $500 or a kidney and can be found on flea bay for cheap. I’ve got it on the Slik 824 CF Pro

We have a great fluid ball head. Take a look at this link and see if it is something that fits your needs
Here is a link:

This is normally $109.99+ shipping. It would cost you only $94.99 shipped. We also upgrade the warranty from 1 year to a lifetime no fault warranty

Let me know if you have any more questions

I’m looking to replace my current tripod head. Currently I’m running a slik 624 or something with a benro S2 pan head. This setup works great for glassing. However I just picked up a pig saddle to begin shooting off my tripod as well. My wife will be hunting this year and as a new shooter and hunter I’m trying to stack the odds in her favor.

So I tried the benro S2 with the saddle, and it’s definitely not meant for the weight of a rifle, atleast not my rifle. The knobs on the head also interfere with the saddle on skinny guns like my wife’s tikka. So I’m looking for a replacement.

I’m thinking about a heavier duty balll style head, but I’m also glassing and thinking a pan head would be best for that. Anything out there that’s the best of both worlds?

I’m also not looking to spend 500 bucks on a tripod head. It does not need to be UL but it’s going on a lightweight tripod, so something huge is not wanted.

Long story short I’m looking for something that will support
-Binos
-65mm spotting scope
-pig saddle and gun <10lbs
-Not cost a kidney

Iv looked at some other options as far as rails and such go and have no desire to add more weight to my gun, and am kind of stuck with the pig saddle to be able to use a variety of different guns in it.

Hi,
I'm looking for a new tripod head as well, with the same uses in the field that you mentioned. Did you end up trying either of the suggestions, and how do you like them?
Thanks
Mike

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Hi,
I'm looking for a new tripod head as well, with the same uses in the field that you mentioned. Did you end up trying either of the suggestions, and how do you like them?
Thanks
Mike

The slik just didn’t support a rifle very well. I ended up selling the slik/benro S2 setup and bought a pig lite carbon fiber tripod, and an RRS anvil head. My rifles got short picatinny sections. On the stock in front of the bottom metal. This setup has worked well for the last year, really want an RRS tripod to replace the pig carbon, but the setup I have is functional and that will come when I take care of other projects.
Not the lightest setup, but I can actually shoot pretty well off this. The direct attachment makes a huge difference when compared to the clamp, especially with lighter guns. Plus it’s way faster.

720948E4-B52C-47CE-90B2-6E54C698A6C4.jpeg
The anvil head isn’t the best glassing year out there, but it’s serviceable.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I should also mention that for a little over a pound a pint sized game changer bag, thrown on any tripod head has worked really well. And it can be used as a rear bag, over branches, logs or treestand supports

Last edited: