Mule Deer behavior with regards to forest fires (California)

I usually hunt 7k to 9k elevations. The mountain range that I hunt just got shut down due to a forest fire (Line Fire in San Bernardino, County, California). There are lower elevations available to hunt, but nothing higher than 4500 ft. Anyone know about mule deer behavior during a big fire? Do they leave their elevations and head lower, or will they stick generally to their elevation?

They are higher - the entire forest is closed to hunting and not slated to be open until November 30- so D-14 tag will be worthless - my advice is pick up a unit that still has available tags still .
You would think they would let you hunt 30 miles away but nope!

OP
BillBeachwood
They are higher - the entire forest is closed to hunting and not slated to be open until November 30- so D-14 tag will be worthless - my advice is pick up a unit that still has available tags still .
You would think they would let you hunt 30 miles away but nope!
Yeah, it's nuts. I picked up a D11 tag today. Not a great zone, but, hey, as long as I'm out there, I'm happy.

I already had my second tag so I’ll just hop around during rifle with a bow … or if anyone needs help - I got the glass