Mtn Ops Grid Fleece

jester87

Lil-Rokslider
They just launched their new grid fleece and it looks sharp. The zip kangaroo pockets got me thinking I’ll use it over the klamath. They’re running buy 1 get 1 on hot ignite this weekend too so my orders in.

(Shameless plug) $10 off your first order $50+ if you use my link: http://rwrd.io/a636sxg?s

Last edited:
OP
jester87

jester87

Lil-Rokslider
So I got a medium and based on initial fit and feel its a keeper. Field performance I’d expect similar to just about any grid fleece but those zippered kangaroo pockets are A++. No thumbhole sleeves and the arm length is similarly longer like the Klamath. The hood has good stretch and is much easier to put over a hat while zipped up. There’s a thinner piece of stretch spandex material at the wrist, maybe for extra give over the wrist or forearm?

I’m 5’8, 150, 39” chest and this is a medium. For reference I’m a small in First Lite (including the klamath, wick-t) and Medium in Kuiu mid layers (peloton 240, 280).

Yes, made in China.

Last edited:
I have been debating on pulling the trigger on this, but I already own a Klamath and cannot see the need for something that is basically same-same/different. Someone PLEASE tell me that there is monumental difference between the two items!

rm06

WKR
I have been debating on pulling the trigger on this, but I already own a Klamath and cannot see the need for something that is basically same-same/different. Someone PLEASE tell me that there is monumental difference between the two items!

I bought a black one. I own a Fusion Klamath and a green Halstead that is wearing thin, I think it will be a good multi-use layer. At 6', 190 lbs, size L is a better fit for me than FL tops

OP
jester87

jester87

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, the overall cut is more comfortable than the klamath. The fleece feels loftier/thicker and hood doesnt feel tight or restrictive. The additional pockets are a huge plus.

Great!!! Here I am trying to make a determination on IF this is something that I need....and low and behold there is an email in my inbox telling me that all gear is 30% off. So....even though I do not need this, I am obligated to take advantage of this offer, right? lol

rm06

WKR
Great!!! Here I am trying to make a determination on IF this is something that I need....and low and behold there is an email in my inbox telling me that all gear is 30% off. So....even though I do not need this, I am obligated to take advantage of this offer, right? lol

Is that even a question? Of course you're now obligated!

Since it has been 90*, I haven't had an opportunity to wear it much but I am excited to. Fit is pretty good all around, better than most other grid fleece offerings I own.

This fleece looks slick with the added zip pouch.

I have the Sitka Core HW and the Klamath from FL. Would be curious how the Mt Ops compares with those two.

Anyone able to with hands on experience?

Any details on the Mt Ops fabric % and total weight specs?

linnebur6

FNG
This fleece looks slick with the added zip pouch.

I have the Sitka Core HW and the Klamath from FL. Would be curious how the Mt Ops compares with those two.

Anyone able to with hands on experience?

Any details on the Mt Ops fabric % and total weight specs?
Same question here-

I have the Mtn ops in black, have used it from rifle season in Colorado, White tail in Kansas, and duck hunting.

So far this has held up great..

But, FL is running their end of the season deals and the Klam is 20% off, so deciding if I need to order a Klam in a camo pattern, or just use my grid fleece for turkeys!

Trying to decide if I need to spend the money or not!

Have you ever tried the Klamath or the Sitka Core HW?

Curious how they compare to the Mtn Ops in feel, fit, warmth.

rm06

WKR
I have the older FL Halstead and a newer Klamath, the former is noticeably thicker. I'd group the Mtn Ops with the Halstead and I like that it has a hood like the Klamath, I wore it bird hunting this season and it performed well. I do not like the kangaroo pouch, it is worthless (to me) and I'd rather not have it.

I don't own any Sitka tops to compare it with.

I am actually giving the nod to the Mtn Ops grid fleece over my Klamath. The fit (XXL) is a little tighter than the Klamath, but that motivated me to lose a little weight. The weight between the two of them seem same/same. The deciding issue is the front pouch, I really like that thing, and I find the hood to have a better fit. If I had to do it all again, I would buy the Grid Fleece over the Klamath. Just felt like it was an overall better product.