Mtn gear bipod

OP
C
Ease of deployment,noise etc.
Lots of them on the market.
Just wondering why I should pick this over a gunwerks etc.

Buddy had this one and a backlanz before it. Definitely like the mtn gear better. The pic rail is nice and I feel it’s more user friendly. I was skeptical being so light with a mentality that I’ll give up stability with it…then proceeded to shoot my best group ever with my 7 saum at 440yds…so debunk that theory haha. The lightweight game isn’t exactly my cup of tea, but if I was in the market for the lightest and functional friendly bipod this would be it.

Odd1out

Lil-Rokslider
Ease of deployment,noise etc.
Lots of them on the market.
Just wondering why I should pick this over a gunwerks etc.
I have used both. Ease of deployment on to the pic rail, gunwerks win. Gunwerks is also quicker to adjust but that comes with a noise and weight cost. Noise on adjustments to setup height mtn win but only because gunwerks bottom legs are spring loaded. Basically your picking the mtn cause light weight is the most important thing. Your definitely not as stable on the mtn but with practice u can make it work. I think a pair of trekking poles with a wiser quick stik attachment would also fit the bill and probably be lighter.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider
I gave the MTN a go and it isn’t strong enough. It couldn’t handle being forward loaded and it snaped through the picatinny rail clip. I wasn’t being overly rough either.
After a bit of use it also became very sloppy with a lot of movement even when you did retighten all the screws. Functionality is ok but it's just too small and it can’t handle any load.
View attachment 748609
Haven't run the new ones with Aluminum but have ran the original for about 2 years and that breakage suggests side loading or a material issue to me. Have you talked to Matt?

Its an ultralight bit of kit. Its not for everyone and while there's definitely some play in it its all taken care of with lightly loading the bipod. In fact thats a feature on quite a few bipods to allow the rifle to recoil straight and not jump.

Everyone of your posts on here has been about lightweight NZ based bipods mostly you vouching for Backlanz which until maybe the latest batch (where they finally made them for a mounting system that decent) where clunky nasty things.)

Edit: got time wrong was 2020 I purchased a Backlanz not the MTN Bipod.

Last edited:

Matt Vincent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I gave the MTN a go and it isn’t strong enough. It couldn’t handle being forward loaded and it snaped through the picatinny rail clip. I wasn’t being overly rough either.
After a bit of use it also became very sloppy with a lot of movement even when you did retighten all the screws. Functionality is ok but it's just too small and it can’t handle any load.
Hey mate flick me a message and we'll get it sorted. [email protected]
Never seen this before so keen to inspect it.

Cheers, Matt

I load up pretty heavy on mine and havent had any issues yet. I have both versions and much prefer the more adjustable and spendy version. They arent the most solid bipod I've used by a long shot, but for the weight they work just fine and I have no trouble shooting to 1000 with them. I bought, tried, then sold the spartan pro system 2 different times and I much prefer the mtn bipod

I load up pretty heavy on mine and havent had any issues yet. I have both versions and much prefer the more adjustable and spendy version. They arent the most solid bipod I've used by a long shot, but for the weight they work just fine and I have no trouble shooting to 1000 with them. I bought, tried, then sold the spartan pro system 2 different times and I much prefer the mtn bipod
Appreciate the feedback, the backcountry bipod is high on my list

Vinmate

FNG
Very strange 'nzhunter21'....

Also very strange that you haven't made direct contact with Matt.

I have thrashed the MTN bipod since day dot, has been faultless for me.

Matt Vincent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
@nzhunter21 That today or previously? Date? Maybe its in the trash and I cannot locate it. I'm very diligent with emails and its unusual so you will be hearing from me.