MT Draw Results

Scottf270

WKR
Going in with the onebonus point since we drew last year. Probably be 3 to 4 yearsfor us to draw again.

OP
el_jefe_pescado

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
Fingers crossed we hear something in the next couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barrettm95

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty brutal it takes this long to get the results but understand they need to make the count. Went into the draw with 5 points for a 700 series. Fingers crossed since tag season didn’t go well for me.

Scottf270

WKR
We drew in 2021 in 700 with 4 bonus and then again 2023 with two. We might not draw for another 5 years now.

I went into the draw with 5 points for a SW district and am kind of hoping I don't draw. If I do I'm going to try and make it work but I already have a pretty full fall.

Kind of because they can do s,g,m,elk and deer all by one week after the applications close. Considering there are double the number of applicant in most of those drawings I kinda think it's B's that they wait this long for antelope.
Pretty brutal it takes this long to get the results but understand they need to make the count. Went into the draw with 5 points for a 700 series. Fingers crossed since tag season didn’t go well for me.

The Guide

WKR
Kind of because they can do s,g,m,elk and deer all by one week after the applications close. Considering there are double the number of applicant in most of those drawings I kinda think it's B's that they wait this long for antelope.
Because antelope tag allotments are based on the same year counts done in late July and those counts include young of the year fawn counts. These counts are also done as close to the hunting season as possible due to the migratory nature of antelope who winter and fawn off their summer/early fall range. These counts are done using contract pilots who spend the spring and early summer spraying crops in small aircraft. FWP can not sustain fully employing the number of pilots it would take to do these counts at an earlier date without contract pilots. If you need more than 2 months to scout for antelope, you are one hard-core antelope hunter!

Jay

They haven't released anything, but I went and logged in to see if I bought points in MT yet or if I forgot. I have one extra pronghorn point. So the backdoor is open.

Scottf270

WKR
I'm showing one bonus point, but I bought one going in. I don't know if it's been visible since I applied or not?

barrettm95

Lil-Rokslider
Because antelope tag allotments are based on the same year counts done in late July and those counts include young of the year fawn counts. These counts are also done as close to the hunting season as possible due to the migratory nature of antelope who winter and fawn off their summer/early fall range. These counts are done using contract pilots who spend the spring and early summer spraying crops in small aircraft. FWP can not sustain fully employing the number of pilots it would take to do these counts at an earlier date without contract pilots. If you need more than 2 months to scout for antelope, you are one hard-core antelope hunter!

Jay
I think for a lot of guys it’s more of trying to finalize travel plans or start looking for leftover and over the counter tag options in different states more than scouting. Totally understand the situation and making sure the state gets an appropriate headcount.