MR Metcalfe

OP
T
good looking pack with a simple design. I really like the side zip. I wonder if you can get pockets for the outside to access your day gear?

good looking pack with a simple design. I really like the side zip. I wonder if you can get pockets for the outside to access your day gear?

You can attach a bunch of different accessories that will work with the pack. I have a rip-zip and flip top pockets that I use with my Dragon Slayer, 65oo, and now with the Metcalf. I just attach them to the bag I will be using for the day/trip or not at all.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/hunting/hunting-pack-accessories

I'm 6-2 with about a 21" torso, think it would fit me?

You'll get about 10% of lift from the Metcalf.

Aron will know 100x more info on the subject then I do. All I can tell you is what I notice from using the pack, So take it for what it's worth. The wife just pulled out the tape and I guess I have a 22" torso. The Metcalf frame length 24" to the load lifters, the MR 65oo 26". I notice no difference in how the packs ride. They feel identical while loaded with 75lbs. Mind you I have only done a few 7-10 km hikes with the Metcalf since getting it. But I couldn't tell you what bag I had on the frame.

I have loaded up my load sling with the same 75lb load (frame legth 21") And did notice a pretty big difference in the feel of the NICE frame.

AZ Ron

Lil-Rokslider
Heck, I'll just re-post a couple of pics...
Deer%2520Creek%2520Trail%2520Hike%2520052.JPG

Deer%2520Creek%2520Trail%2520Hike%2520004.JPG

Deer%2520Creek%2520Trail%2520Hike%2520005.JPG

Ron

The side zip bag is awesome. I have only loaded mine up with about fifty pounds but it rides very well, definitely like it more than how the crew cab rode. It's a great designed pack. I like how easy it is to access my gear.

Wrongside

WKR
I like the bag design. Hopefully MR sees fit to do it on a internal frame, like the Grizzly, as well. I'm not a tall guy and I'd still never buy a NICE.

Just got home from a week long bear hunt. Here's a pic of the Metcalf loaded up with all the meat, hide and skull. The side zipper is the best feature of the pack.

attachment.php

I have had some more time in with the Metcalf this season and it has been a great pack thus far. I have mainly used it as a day hunting bag, as I pack too much gear to use it for any longer trips. The bag has held up well and has handled some big loads with ease. The load lifter height has been good for me at 6' tall, and the 3600cu/in main bag has been big enough to stuff bone-in moose quarters.

Here are a couple of pics of the Metcalf loaded up. The quality is a little off because they are taken from videos.

An entire WT buck minus the head. 4 quarters bone-in, back skin hide, backstraps, ect.

attachment.php

Bone-in moose quarter.

attachment.php