Mountainsmith Mountain Shelter LT - Footprint/Ground cloth?

Has anyone made a footprint or ground cloth that will fit the Mountainsmith Mountain Shelter LT? There's too much snow on the ground to set mine up right now to measure. And I rather not reinvent the wheel if one of you has already done this. Looking for measurements or a pattern to copy, or if y'all have a place I can order one from.

Thanks for the help!

dtrkyman

WKR
I use a piece of tyvek as well, made it too small, need to make a piece that fits the outline of the tarp. Would be nice to have more space on the tyvek for gear when it rains!

Tbuckus

WKR
Can‘t help you on the exact dimensions. I don’t have a full size one that covers the entire floor of my LT. I just have a 3x7 window sealer plastic. I figured that if a buddy comes along I’d want two separate ones instead of one full size one

fmyth

WKR
Can‘t help you on the exact dimensions. I don’t have a full size one that covers the entire floor of my LT. I just have a 3x7 window sealer plastic. I figured that if a buddy comes along I’d want two separate ones instead of one full size one
Does the window film hold up for a night or two? I bought a pack of it to try out but it looks thinner than a Dollar store condom.

OP
CjMelendrez
Tyvek works really well, and even better if you put it in the washing machine (no soap and warm water) then hang dry. it makes it softer, quieter, and easier to fold. learned that from a backpacking friend.

I have a rectangle piece I've used in the past for this tent that fits on one side. But I'd like to make one that fits the whole tent except for the front vestibule. Guess I'll need to wait till I can set up the tent outside and make a template.

DIY project in the spring. I'll post updates here.