Motorcycle Hunting

Yes, 2 stroke and not that bad for noise but I’m not hauling ass on it during hunting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am kicking around a 250-400CC 4 stroke enduro or TW or Supermoto with some trail tires currently....

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you are a good rider, anything in the 400 class will be a lot of bike on a single-track trail. The TW is a really good bike for hunting.

Unless you are a good rider, anything in the 400 class will be a lot of bike on a single-track trail. The TW is a really good bike for hunting.
def more bike then needed for this, I did own a street bike before but different animal.

My though around the larger Supermotos would be bc I can swap tires and ride on streets in summer out and about town a bit more efficiently

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
def more bike then needed for this, I did own a street bike before but different animal.

My though around the larger Supermotos would be bc I can swap tires and ride on streets in summer out and about town a bit more efficiently
Another bike I like is a 500 KTM or Husky. They have great low-end like the 300, but they are typically heavier than most other bikes. You might look at those for a do-all bike. I have heard the 350-class bikes are good, but I have never ridden one.

I ride a ktm 500 with a solid rifle harness on my pack,. It gets me a lot further (and faster) than the truck can. If you know how to ride dirt well, the extra power is nice. Don't rule out a tw 200, they are more than capable for most terrain.

If shit gets western don't forget you can always park the bike and hike. Important to ride safely especially if you're alone. Wear a damn helmet and have fun!

Dusting off my old 230 to turn it into a hunting rig. It doesn't have headlights. Curious if anyone has ever used the outbound lighting mountain bike lights on motorcycles? They are rechargeable lights which is kind of sucky but the ability to use it on both my dirt bike and pedal bike is intriguing.

Or does anyone have a reccomended headlight and helmet light for dirt bikes? The stock light on my KTM is shit so trying to avoid one like that.

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
There are a lot of LED lights you can use for a headlight I use Oxbow lights and they are great. I have bike and helmet mounted lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusting off my old 230 to turn it into a hunting rig. It doesn't have headlights. Curious if anyone has ever used the outbound lighting mountain bike lights on motorcycles? They are rechargeable lights which is kind of sucky but the ability to use it on both my dirt bike and pedal bike is intriguing.

Or does anyone have a reccomended headlight and helmet light for dirt bikes? The stock light on my KTM is shit so trying to avoid one like that.
This is a good upgrade to the stock KTM headlight. Worth the price in my opinion, have had too many close calls with Elk and Deer on the bike.