Most reliable ATV?

I’m thinking about picking up an ATV/4 wheeler/quad whatever you want to call them here in a month or so and would like to know what the most reliable one is.

Not looking for a top of the line or anything, just something basic. I’ve heard Polaris are hit or miss. Any input guys?

Thanks in advance.

NMframed

Lil-Rokslider
I have a friend that farms about 300 irrigated acres all flood irrigation and he is on his four wheeler constantly. I think he has close to 100,000 miles on it all within about a 3 mile area. It’s been in the shop a few times but nothing major, just a couple belt changes and normal wear and tear stuff. It’s a Can Am but not sure what model it is. My dad also has a Can Am that he really likes

I dont know that one brand is overall more reliable than any other. There may be some data out there though. I think you would have to just be unlucky to get an unreliable machine these days.

I forgot, don't actually know how much of an issue it is anymore.

If you go from one altitude to another efi makes it easy.

Probably most are efi now, when I messed with them it was a jet adjustment.

Wrench

WKR
You'll never find a tougher rig than a Honda trx series 300. They don't have enough power to hurt themselves and get a zillion miles before trouble.

If you want a later model bigger machine, its tough to beat a grizzly or Kodiak.

I sold my griz and bought a side by side....and sold it and bought a polaris sportsman on tracks. If I could have found a deal on another yamaha, I'd be on it now.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ive ran about every brand minus can am. The only one I would actively avoid is Polaris. Its like the Walmart of Atvs. They are everywhere, but are never the best choice.

their snow machines are sweet though. I agree that their atvs suck.

I had a 2000 Honda (only sold it to get a bigger one) and now l have a 2015 EFI Honda. I never had a issue with either one and I plow snow with them and beat the snot out of them. I wouldn't trust another brand to do what I do with them.

In my experience Honda's are most reliable, Yamahas are a close second. They usually don't make the same amount of power in utility machines that other manufacturers claim with similarly displaced engines, but they are downright reliable.

lvtuna

FNG
My Dad has 4 different Yamaha's up on his property from the early 2000 era. He is not good at maintaining them either. They all still run great. Very reliable.