Most accurate budget rifle

Datslab

FNG
I’m sure that this is a question that is asked weekly but I didn’t see if this exact topic had been discussed.
I’m looking for a budget rifle that will give me the most bang for my buck, accuracy being my utmost priority. I need to have a threaded barrel, preferably 5/8” and the lighter the better. Wanting the caliber to be a 308 because that’s what I have ammo for. Main reason I am wanting a budget rifle is because I am wanting to allocate most of my funds for a decent scope, would like to keep the rifle under $750 but it’s not set in stone. And want to swap hunting calibers to a 300 wsm or maybe a bigger caliber at some point and can justify a higher end rifle to the wife later on if I don’t go too crazy with this one.
I have really been considering a tikka but am honestly not loyal to any brand so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
I have both a tikka and Ruger, hands down Tikka if you can spare a few extra bucks. Way smoother and better trigger! Both are extremely accurate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
Ruger American. Seems cheap AF. Shoots tight. And if you can afford it, tikka. The ruger trigger group looks like something from a cap gun, but it works well.

Ruger American especially if you reload. Working up an accurate load has been easy for the 2 I’ve helped with. About to buy another one as well.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Tikka with just a trigger spring should get ya 1/2 MOA
Really like my T3x that I put a spring in. Tikka gets my vote. Is a great shooting gun. Only complaint which is a good and bad thing is how light it is. I shoot a 300wm and it kicks like a mule.

Reactions: CAH

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
We have several Tikkas at my house, they’ve all been great. We had one Ruger American and although it was accurate enough the rotary magazine would not feed correctly all the time. I have a couple buddies who got one for their kids as well and same problem. All were 6.5 and one guy went to a 450 bushmaster magazine which is a single stack and it seemed to cure it. We got rid of ours and replaced it with another Tikka. Just FYI.

Vandy321

WKR
Really like my T3x that I put a spring in. Tikka gets my vote. Is a great shooting gun. Only complaint which is a good and bad thing is how light it is. I shoot a 300wm and it kicks like a mule.
I've got my 7RM down to 7.2# scoped...I hear ya, I hurts after a day at the range

Gila

WKR
Put on a Limbsaver and a Triad Stock Pack and enjoy shooting it. I put on a little weight also when I attached a SS pic rail and changed the bottom metal to AICS.

The only problem with tikkas for situation is they are not threaded. Unless you jump up to the Roughtech or Veil models. But those are closer to $1000.
Savages won’t have as smooth of action as a Tikka, but most of them are very accurate.
Browning X Bolt’s in my experience are also very accurate

Tikka if you bump up your budget a bit. Like someone said if you want threaded you’ll have to go to the veil or roughtec. I just bought a veil in 6.5 prc that was right at $1100. I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but my other tikkas are very accurate. If you wanna stick with your $650 budget I’d recommend the Ruger American Predator. I got one for my daughter in 6mm creedmoor and that thing is crazy accurate! My nephew just borrowed it for a cow elk hunt and killed his cow today. Everything I put through it was under inch. I love that little gun.

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
The only problem with tikkas for situation is they are not threaded. Unless you jump up to the Roughtech or Veil models. But those are closer to $1000.
Savages won’t have as smooth of action as a Tikka, but most of them are very accurate.
Browning X Bolt’s in my experience are also very accurate

I threaded my Tikka ultraltite for $50 from my local gunsmith. I don’t think theaded versus non should be the deciding factor

KID

FNG
I went dirt cheap and bought a Thompson center compass. 30-06. Basically a Ruger American platform. Might have just got lucky but its really accurate with Federal premium ammo. Also easy to pack.

I threaded my Tikka ultraltite for $50 from my local gunsmith. I don’t think theaded versus non should be the deciding factor

That sounds really cheap. I’ve never looked into it but I figured it would’ve been another $150ish