Mossberg MVP LC 5.56/.223 - looking for opinions

tjennings3

Lil-Rokslider
I may have an opportunity to pick one of these Mossberg MVP LC 5.56 rifles up unfired and am hoping for any feedback or opinions on them. My expected use would be predator/varmint hunting and target/long range practice rifle. It looks like these are no longer in the product line for Mossberg so I am hoping someone here has experience with it and can recommend a good price.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product...+bolt+223+rem+5.56+nato+16.25+10+1+magpul+ctr

The one I am considering does not have the scope and bipod package - rifle only.

Thanks in advance

Coodevale

FNG
I have an older 24" mvp with the sporter front half and AR stock rear half.

Accuracy, mediocre to good enough. It blew cci400s occasionally at anything slightly over book max. I bushed the firing pin to .062" so that went away. Trigger was sucky and the break rolled off. Replaced with a Jard.

Worth maybe $300 dollars to me as a sporter. I'll keep polishing my turd but they're not a great value when/if you can get ruger americans that do the same thing with better support.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
I had a MVP in 223 and could not get it to group under 2.5". I did everything sort of bedding it and sold it. I do have a MVP in 308 I picked up in a trade and use with a thermal. The pro's for the rifle are the 16" barrel for suppressor and AR mags. The 308 shoots minute of hand warmer 2'x3" as that is what I use to sight it in. I also do not shoot past 200 yrds at night due to safety reasons. I would consider the RRA2 over the MVP if I was in the market.

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider
If you get a chance work the bolt before you buy., The one I had has so much play/slop at end of a ejection cycle it would bind/lock up if it had any pressure other than straight forward. Not an issue if you work the bolt smooth and straight back/forward. I didn't have it long