Mosquito options

Has anyone used any of the alternative options to the Thermacell handheld unit? I like the idea of not having to deal with the butane, Just a battery heated hot plate. Interested to hear if they are worth the money or just stick with the proven Thermacell. In the swamps of south Alabama you tie into the tree to keep from being carried out of your stand.

bayou0509

FNG
Classified Approved
I'm strictly Thermacell, whether it is the patio or the woods or anywhere in between. I had some knockoff battery type device a few years ago that I tossed in the trash. Worked for a few days then died on me.

OP
O
I figured it would be the case but was hopeful something new came along. There is no one talking anywhere about them other than "reviewers".

I bought a Freetail thingy thinking it'd be cool backup because you can charge your phone with it in an emergency. It's smaller so using both sides on high is equivalent in surface area as a thermocell. It's smaller and less space to pack but weight about the same. I *think* the thermocell works better and seems to get hotter. I never saw the Freetail smoke like the thermocell does.

OP
O
Flextail and Nitecore were the 2 electric that I had found, the Nitecore seemed to be hotter like a Thermacell in a YT video I watched.

One thing to note about the Flextail is if you use Thermocell pads you have to cut them just a hair too large on the ends because they're too thin to hold. So cut the width long so it wedges in otherwise the pad simply slides out.