Montana vs Colorado?

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I grew up in northwest MT, lived in southwest and central MT for 20 years, and spent 3 years in CO in the mid 90's. CO was too crowded and expensive back then; I can't imagine what it's like now. I suggest MT, WY, or ID. Politics seem more reasonable than in CO, public lands are plentiful, and seasons are generous.

I live in western ND now, and the only drawback here is the short season combined with scarcity of big game licenses. Yeah, winters can be cold (but usually not bad--I'm 300 miles from Fargo), but that's coyote and woodworking season. I love the Little Missouri badlands, public land is plentiful and relatively unused, the people are great, and we don't have to deal with the constant environmentalist protests.

bowhnt

WKR
Never thought I’d ever say it but I may be in the same boat as you. Heading home from my wife’s first trip out west and she’s finally using the word eventually when talking about moving. Never has that been something I’ve heard. Still likely to be 5 years or so but that gives me time to look at different areas and jobs. Good luck in your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
I grew up in northwest MT, lived in southwest and central MT for 20 years, and spent 3 years in CO in the mid 90's. CO was too crowded and expensive back then; I can't imagine what it's like now. I suggest MT, WY, or ID. Politics seem more reasonable than in CO, public lands are plentiful, and seasons are generous.

I live in western ND now, and the only drawback here is the short season combined with scarcity of big game licenses. Yeah, winters can be cold (but usually not bad--I'm 300 miles from Fargo), but that's coyote and woodworking season. I love the Little Missouri badlands, public land is plentiful and relatively unused, the people are great, and we don't have to deal with the constant environmentalist protests.
The bird hunting is great east of the Missouri I've heard. My dog is by Upham for Summer wild bird training this summer. I definitely want to do some bird hunting in Northwest ND. I'd love to buy a house in Idaho, Montana, or ND and live in another house in the winter like Arizona or Nevada. Bozeman is where the liberals live, isn't it? I've never been there, though. I remember we flew into Helena for a day or two in August and it snowed a little, lol. Colorado is going to be warmer, and if you love pot, and libetal politics it would be bliss. It's becoming a lot like California. Can't say, I ever see myself doing anything in Colorado, except driving through as fast as I can. Damn shame, I've spent a whole lotta time there in my youth. Great memories, for sure. Bill