Montana Motor Vehicle Use Maps

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All,
I am trying to track down some motor vehicle use maps for units 322 and 324. Trying to understand what roads are truly open and accessible to the public. I usually rely on a MVUM for this--but can't seem to find one. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,
Tim

Geewhiz

WKR
You can find motor vehicle use maps for national forest lands which are distributed by the forest service, but motor vehicle use maps don't exist for blm in montana which is incredibly frustrating. That's why you aren't finding published maps for the rubys or the blacktails, because they do not have any national forest land in them. If you have a road in question pm me and I can likely help you out.

OP
T

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
You can find motor vehicle use maps for national forest lands which are distributed by the forest service, but motor vehicle use maps don't exist for blm in montana which is incredibly frustrating. That's why you aren't finding published maps for the rubys or the blacktails, because they do not have any national forest land in them. If you have a road in question pm me and I can likely help you out.
That is incredibly frustrating lol. But makes me feel better than I am not a fully incompetent 'googler'! PM forthcoming.

Thanks Snow Doctor. That is the website I found as well--but I am not seeing any maps associated with the Ruby's or Blacktails. All those maps are slightly east.
Yeah wasn't thinking about there not being National Forests. We hunt 322 and the Centennials and pretty much have sprung for OnX (first responder discount helps) to find stuff down there. Good luck and have fun!

Geewhiz

WKR
Yeah wasn't thinking about there not being National Forests. We hunt 322 and the Centennials and pretty much have sprung for OnX (first responder discount helps) to find stuff down there. Good luck and have fun!
Problem is onX shows every road, not just open roads. So differentiating between open and closed roads gets tricky.

You will need to get the Beaverhead National Forest maps from the Forest Service. There is a office in Butte or Dillon. Might need to check with the BLM if you are hunting the lowlands. Look at their offices for information.

Jay

This definitely is the most accurate statement. The forest service maps have the best detail on what roads are closed vs. open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk