Montana Deer vs Big game combo

Jmort1754

WKR
So if the draw odds show me at 100 percent for deer but 87 % for elk how does the big game combo tag work?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
This is what I’ve been using to figure out the MT system since they jacked everything around:

giphy-downsized.gif

j_volt

WKR
30k foot view...

Deer combo = Deer ONLY
Elk Combo = Elk ONLY
Big Game Combo = Deer AND Elk

All combination (aka combo) licenses include a season fishing license and upland bird license.

Montana put the big game combo and elk combo draw stats together. I don't know why, expect to cause additional Rokslide posts.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
30k foot view...

Deer combo = Deer ONLY
Elk Combo = Elk ONLY
Big Game Combo = Deer AND Elk

All combination (aka combo) licenses include a season fishing license and upland bird license.

Montana put the big game combo and elk combo draw stats together. I don't know why, expect to cause additional Rokslide posts.
Ok thats good to know I was trying to figure out how the ods were calculated was all.

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
So the break this down a little further, are my realized odds of drawing an Elk Combo and a Big Game combo the same? Or are they different tag allocations and odds? Would be good to know the for sure difference, is it worth gaming for one vs the other

My understanding with the big game combo was if your number came up and that was your selection a deer tag came out of the non resident allocation to go with the elk tag thereby depleting the nonresident deer pool by 1 . Can anyone confirm that or am I making it up?

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
My understanding with the big game combo was if your number came up and that was your selection a deer tag came out of the non resident allocation to go with the elk tag thereby depleting the nonresident deer pool by 1 . Can anyone confirm that or am I making it up?
So if I am understanding that correctly, you are taking an allocation from both a deer and elk tag which makes sense. And sunset the odds are lowest on the elk tag that would also make sense that it’s matching the elk tag odds.
Thanks, it’s seems straight forward to me now just needed someone to put a different perceptive out there for me.