Montana breaks rifle tag 700-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drew a 700-20 breaks tag (N of Jordan). I have so many conflicting ideas and I’m not looking for spots but hopefully some insight.

I’ve talked to people who say don’t go deep but stay on top, but then I also hear that the bulls are down deep in the CMR…. I’m conflicted to almost haul my boat down and camp on the lake bottom.

Also I heard the deer hunting has been rough with a lot of dinks around. (I personally try to find 4x4 or bigger, and at their ears as a base line).

Is it worth it to hold out with my deer tag on this hunt, I took the first and last week of the season off so I should have around 18 days to hunt. Hoping to find a mature 6x6 for an elk. 300 preferably but hopefully be trigger disciplined for a 320 plus, but who knows what I’ll do during the real situation….

I’m used to hunting 2-5 miles in and packing them out on my back, so hard work doesn’t scare me.

1725569304693.png

Djacker

WKR
Maybe go scout and see what you find. Elk are where you find them, especially in the breaks. FYI. your thread is about to get locked down. Welcome to RS

Status
Not open for further replies.