Montana application questions

Elite

WKR
Hello everyone,

I have looked online for awhile now regarding some questions I have. I am a non resident and looking to apply for a Antelope tag in 401-20.

1. Is there any way to just build points and not actually draw this year? I see you can buy bonus points in July also? I am assuming those get put toward the following year?

2. I am looking to apply as a party with my father. When I select the party option and go to the check out part it only shows my application and cost of $200. Once I pay does it then take you to a page so the other members of the party can pay?

3. If you do not draw what percentage are you refunded for a antelope entry?

Any other help/info on this would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can help on #2, if you are the first in the party then he needs to search your Als or last name and then it’ll show you two in a party.

I’m not out of state so not sure how much the refund is or what the point deal is, there’s some real sharp guys on the draw info for out of state here I’m sure they will chime in.

Legend

WKR
Following.

I can't find the answer to number 3 either. Seems like an easy question.

Scottf270

WKR
I have always gotten the $200 back. There will be drawing fees and service charges of like 15 to 20 bucks that you will not get back if you are not drawn.

Erict

WKR
Your questions, my answers:

1. Is there any way to just build points and not actually draw this year? I see you can buy bonus points in July also? I am assuming those get put toward the following year?

A. The Antelope application deadline is June 1, so any bonus points purchased after are only used in subsequent years if you apply.

2. I am looking to apply as a party with my father. When I select the party option and go to the check out part it only shows my application and cost of $200. Once I pay does it then take you to a page so the other members of the party can pay?

A. Not sure about Antelope, but for Deer the "party Captain" has to check the box indicating he/she is the lead, and then list the names of others in the party. The checkbox is easy to miss and likely why you did not see the option to enter your father's name. After submitting the application, the "lead" gets the "party number" that is used by other members on their application.

3. If you do not draw what percentage are you refunded for a antelope entry?

A. Good question, and despite a pretty thorough search of the Montana Codes and Administrative Rules I couldn't find the answer. I am confident that for an Antelope non-draw refund you would get back $200 (they will keep assorted fees, prerequisite license costs, etc.), issued by check some time after the draw in August.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Thanks for the replies everyone! One more quick question. If we enter this year and do not draw and buy the point in July that would count as 2 points? I am wondering if we can anything buy entering the draw before the June cut off or just hold off till July if we do not want to draw this year?

hunterjmj

WKR
Thanks for the replies everyone! One more quick question. If we enter this year and do not draw and buy the point in July that would count as 2 points? I am wondering if we can anything buy entering the draw before the June cut off or just hold off till July if we do not want to draw this year?

If you apply without purchasing the bonus point they won't let you buy one later. So, you either apply and purchase the point during application or don't apply and buy your point later.

Legend

WKR

One point a year. You pick how to get it.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Ok so if I apply and don’t purchase a bonus point now vs if I apply for next year and buy a bonus point I will be in the same standings? Or do I get the benefit of having a base point? I must be missing something

Legend

WKR
Ok so if I apply and don’t purchase a bonus point now vs if I apply for next year and buy a bonus point I will be in the same standings? Or do I get the benefit of having a base point? I must be missing something

Apply with no point. Buy point in July.

Or

Apply now with point.

Either way = the same thing for next year....but you might draw this year. In which case you would lose the point.

Feel free to PM if you want.

You cannot apply and also buy a point, you either apply and enter the draw this year with your point or wait and buy one in July. Since you stated that you do not really wish to draw this year I would wait and buy in July

hunterjmj

WKR
You cannot apply and also buy a point, you either apply and enter the draw this year with your point or wait and buy one in July. Since you stated that you do not really wish to draw this year I would wait and buy in July

This. 👆🏻 It's all in the regulations. Read up.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR

Thanks. When I go to apply it does ask if I want to buy a bonus point? If I do not buy the point now I won’t be entered in the draw for this year?

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Apply with no point. Buy point in July.

Or

Apply now with point.

Either way = the same thing for next year....but you might draw this year. In which case you would lose the point.

Feel free to PM if you want.

Thanks for your help everyone. Greatly appreciated!

Grundy53

WKR
Thanks. When I go to apply it does ask if I want to buy a bonus point? If I do not buy the point now I won’t be entered in the draw for this year?

You will be entered into the drawing. You will just not get a point or build a point if you are not drawn.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
It looks like if you apply and buy a point, you get a point. If you apply this year and dont buy a point, you wont be able to buy a point pater this year.

Attachments

• IMG_1673.png
    IMG_1673.png
    402.6 KB · Views: 15
OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
It looks like if you apply and buy a point, you get a point. If you apply this year and dont buy a point, you wont be able to buy a point pater this year.

That’s what I am a bit confused on. I never did apply at all. Was waiting for July now