Montana 2020 Licenses - Issues?

Anyone else have trouble printing new 2020 licenses? Received my email to print, link said it wasn't secure, proceeded anyway, page says I already printed! Ugh!

The user interface fo:poop:r purchasing tags isn't great, and you pay extra for your privilege to print tags at home on your own paper.

Even bought tear proof/water proof paper to print the tags on so I didn't have to contend with wet soggy tags.

MT FWP is gonna need some work with this, the roll out wasn't so great for me.

I haven’t tried yet as I had an outfitter help me through the weird process last time. I hate how some of the states are so difficult to understand what the heck you are doing when applying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
I get to a page that says additional info needed then can't go any further forward. seems par for the course with Montana and tags.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of drama.
I’d like to encourage everyone to do 2 things.

1. Get spooled up on the new regs. Things have changed. Make sure you know your stuff.
2. Be patient with the FWP as they are struggling with these changes and are probably just as frustrated as we are.

Tags are getting double printed. Excessively.

Bear regs say “carcass” tag.
The tag itself says “hide”.
So which one do you tag

Watercraft “Stickers” are being printed on normal printer paper.

Stay up in the regs.
Be kind.

MT257

WKR
Lots of drama.
I’d like to encourage everyone to do 2 things.

1. Get spooled up on the new regs. Things have changed. Make sure you know your stuff.
2. Be patient with the FWP as they are struggling with these changes and are probably just as frustrated as we are.

Tags are getting double printed. Excessively.

Bear regs say “carcass” tag.
The tag itself says “hide”.
So which one do you tag

Watercraft “Stickers” are being printed on normal printer paper.

Stay up in the regs.
Be kind.

I don’t believe the bear has a carcass and hide tag any more it’s one for everything. Passed at last months commission meeting.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
so an update i can proceed on to buy my tags if i donate to wolf mitigation... seems like a convenient glitch? i have no problem donating to conservation, but not sure i want to donate to wolf mitigation.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
That’s a news to me. What’s the story there? I can call and ask some questions, if I can get some info from you.
(I’m waiting for the dust to settle a little before I go buy my tags. Maybe next week?)

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
so an update i can proceed on to buy my tags if i donate to wolf mitigation... seems like a convenient glitch? i have no problem donating to conservation, but not sure i want to donate to wolf mitigation.

I just talked to buddy who bought his tags at an outlet instead of online. He said they asked if he would like to donate. He said, “No thanks, I’ll donate by killing as many as I can”. There was no extra charge. I’ll call the local FWP and see if I can get some info for you.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
not sure if its just me or if they are having some site issues. seems convenient way to raise more money.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
They’re definitely dealing with glitches. I called. They gave me a name and I left a voicemail. Hopefully so clarity on its way.

OP
insanelupus
They are mailing my paper printed tags. Not a fan of those.

The rest of my family will get the waterproof tear proof paper I bought I can print at home, but I'm stuck with regular easier torn and soaked paper this year.

They won't send me a new link to print. The certificate error had been fixed im told.

If they are going to put the onus on us to print, then let me print them please. Ugh.

Maybe they will work out the glitches

mhouck06

FNG
First time using the online method, I applied for the nonres deer combo. Everything seemed to go though ok. Hopefully everyone in my group has the same luck!

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t believe the bear has a carcass and hide tag any more it’s one for everything. Passed at last months commission meeting.

ad3b03d2117c26147747af5618398173.jpg

Agreed. Here is a pic of the regs. No more “hide” tag. The confusion is that (some) of the bear tags say “hide” on the tag.

Hnttillmt

FNG
I walked into my local sporting goods store today and got my sportsman tags printed off no problems. When the draw results come out I’m expectin a poop storm

OP
insanelupus
My local tag supplier was able to straighten out most of it. Helena still has to fix a few things for me. Im hoping to have it resolved soon, then I can start over with application issues. Lol

Im advising local buddies to take care of it at the retailer, much easier than trying to straighten it out on your own online.

Helena tells me in a few years there MIGHT be an app and a new program/system for purchasing. We will see.

Overall they are dealing with it best they can, but it's a poor roll out at best.