Monkey tails?

TwoTikkas

WKR
Hey all. My new Halon 32-6 doesn't have any monkey tails on the string. Not a lot of room for any actually. Should I make an effort to get them on there,or just wait till we need a new string and add them then?

Hey all. My new Halon 32-6 doesn't have any monkey tails on the string. Not a lot of room for any actually. Should I make an effort to get them on there,or just wait till we need a new string and add them then?
I would only add them if you are noticing a lot of vibe or noise. If not, then leave em off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

stonewall

WKR
I'm very curious as to how there's no room on the string?

I would put some sort of dampener on the string. It will nock (pun) some sound out ;)

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
There are what appear to be 3 clusters of eliminated buttons,with shrink tubing over them. On each end of the string.

Those sound like speed nocks

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Exactly what they are.

I’d choose something other than monkey tails though if you even need anything at all. Bojax maybe or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or just wait till we need a new string and add them then?
FYI, Monkey Tails can be added without restringing, just thread the tail through the circular eye and pull it tight. Some silencers/dampeners are designed to be inserted between the strands of the string and thus require the string to be relaxed, but not Monkey Tails.

PMcGee

WKR
I take them off my string. I had one break on a shot and hit me in the eye. It knocked me on my ass I thought I was blind. I definitely won’t have them on my string again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
Thanks for all the input fellas. I never considered them being prone to failures. I was just curious why the Halon didn't have them factory,and should I pursue getting them installed. Pretty quiet bow in reality. Not as dead as the Vertix. I've never fired a bow that quiet and dead in hand. Couldn't pass up the Halon for the price.

Monkey tails break for me too. I like string leaches. Its worth pressing the bow and splitting the string IMO.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk