Money no object scope for a Fudd?

Man if money is no object check out a zero compromise or tangent theta.

Honestly though get him a Nightforce Atacr in a max 16-20x magnification. And get a FFP. If you’re looking to get custom turrets, get the stickers and redo the stickers before each hunt based on the specific environmentals for that hunt (average elevation, temperatures, barometric pressure etc). FFP is especially important because if he doesn’t have the magnification maxed then the dials won’t be accurate.

I would also try and talk him into a custom rifle. A 257 magnum is an old school round but it’s fast as shit. Honestly if he’s keeping it under 300 you could zero him at 200 (or even 100) and he won’t have to touch the elevation any ways.

My two cents:
Leupold- great bang for buck, light scope, great warranty, illuminated, can get for less than 2k
Nightforce- slightly more expensive, more durable, heavier, I like the turrets better, but hate that the whole ocular piece turns when you move the magnification. If you have caps on your scope (like everyone I know does when you hunt) the caps get in the way of your bolt at certain magnifications, in the 2k-2500 for Atacrs, 1500 for the Nx8. Don’t bother with the other models
Schmidt and bender- used to be cool, great glass, heavy, I don’t like the reticle, and feel like they rested on their laurels and haven’t made many changes over the last ten years. I wouldn’t buy one with my money
Swarovski / Khales- specific hunting scopes (Khales is more military). Not a lot of experience with the scopes but I have a spotting scope by Swarovski. I prefer a ffp scope so I can’t give input on these
Zero compromise- new new, 36mm tube so you need special rings/mounts that you probably don’t have already but their 4-20 with the mpct1x reticle is as good as it gets for hunting. Only about 12 inches long, incredible light transmission, red and green illuminated reticle and the best glass I’ve seen. Full disclosure I have one and an 8-40 for long range and my 22. These are bad ass, however stupid expensive
Tangent theta- buy this to show off lol. Toolless zero is cool, and the glass is the best of the best. But over 5k for a scope.

I nerd out on this, and these are just my opinions. Not trying to offend anyone. I’d take him out shooting more.

OP
AZ_Hunter

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Tell him to stay inside 400 and F dialing.
56mm Polar T96
And that very well may be the case. We’ll see how he shoots and how he listens. If he has a know-it-all attitude and doesn’t take to coaching well then I will double down on my messaging of staying close.

JGRaider

WKR
A real darkhorse/sleeper in the superb glass, great low light performance, pretty much set and forget, and durable category is the Meopta R2 1.7-10x42 with illuminated dot. Fantastic package.