Modular Length Suppressors

CG86

FNG
Looking to get a modular length .30 cal suppressor. Right now I am looking at the Bannish 30, Rugged Surg and Radiant, Dead Air Ghost - M, and JK Armament 155 RCX 30. This would be my first, and ideally, only .30 cal rifle suppressor. I am looking for something with lots of versatility that I could throw on my thin barreled backcountry hunting rifle or on an AR-10 for fun at the range, or whatever else I get over the years.

From what I have seen this isn't a subject a lot of people have discussed or reviewed. I have no experience with suppressors larger than a .22 so maybe I am missing something and there is a draw back to the modular styles that I am not aware of. Any firsthand experience with how quiet any of these are, or general feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
SiCo fanboy here. The Hybrid, Omega 30 & Omega 36 are all "modular". Meaning you have a choice of end caps from .22 to .30, .36 & .45 and a choice to run QD or direct thread. End caps and mounting options can get pricey. Example, I mostly use an Omega 30. I have 1/2X28, 5/8X24 and QD mounts and 22 &30 end caps. It goes from Tikka 223 to AR-10 308 to 300WM with just a few twists. The Hybrid is probably the most versatile. 9mm to 45 pistol to 223 to 45-70 to 338LM with a twist of the included wrench. Don't limit yourself by buying a gun specific can.

f16jack

WKR
I'm using a SilencerCo Harvester 300. I have a thread adapter to place it on different rifles. No issue at all moving it around.
What do you mean by "modular?"

Last edited:

Beaverdog

FNG
Why do you feel like it needs to be modular? A good versatile suppressor doesnt need to be modular. And if by modular you mean just having an extension to screw on the end to make it longer.

OP
C

CG86

FNG
Yeah when I say "modular" I meant able to change the length. So I can either run a shorter and lighter set up or a longer quieter set up from only one can. I intend to shoot only .243 - .30 rifle calibers through this and am not too worried about modular in the sense of being able to swap out end caps and shoot pistol rounds and such.

Lwarner03

FNG
Do you want to be able to do mag dumps/shoot a lot rapidly?
What is your budget, roughly?

OP
C

CG86

FNG
No, not looking to do frequent rapid shooting. I'd like to be in that $1,000ish or less range.

Beaverdog

FNG
Keep it simple and just find a good standard length .30 can in the 6"-8" range with a direct thread mount. Just get different direct thread mounts if you have different thread pitches to mount to. look at pewscience.com for ratings and reviews. Imo the best bang for your buck can out there as far as weight, price and sound suppression right now is the diligent defense enticer s-ti.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
Interested to know- have you shot your suppressor from a host without the appropriate end cap (ie shooting a 5.56 bullet with the 30 cal end cap on?). If so, would you say it’s a noticeable change in sound/suppression when you’re not shooting with the correct end cap? Thanks

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Rex Silentium. They have a modular suppressor and you can get it with a changeable end cap. Watch some of the YouTube videos on them.

Bluefish

WKR
Interested to know- have you shot your suppressor from a host without the appropriate end cap (ie shooting a 5.56 bullet with the 30 cal end cap on?). If so, would you say it’s a noticeable change in sound/suppression when you’re not shooting with the correct end cap? Thanks
From watching a few videos, the appropriate cap is 1-3 db lower and a matched to bore is 3-5 db lower than using a too large suppressor with a smaller bullet. Not a lot of differenc, but it is measurable.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
From watching a few videos, the appropriate cap is 1-3 db lower and a matched to bore is 3-5 db lower than using a too large suppressor with a smaller bullet. Not a lot of differenc, but it is measurable.
Thanks! I haven’t been able to find those videos, but very helpful to know; trying to figure how much ‘efficiency’ I’m giving up shooting a 30 cal bullet through a .375 bore can