Mods Please Delete

Another vote for garmin forerunner. I've had a couple different models over the years and they've been great. Battery life is roughly a week, and I don't ever travel without a battery so charging in the back country is no big deal. I've had reliably problems with suunto, their specs always sound good in theory but they just haven't held up well.

TX_Diver

WKR
Bummer. That vintage of Planet Ocean is really nice. Good luck with your smart watch purchase.
Yes. Trading an omega for a smart watch 💔

OP maybe search watchuseek for a recommendation on omega repairs and see what you find. Weird that omega wouldn’t do it right but maybe a 3rd party would do better?

Throwing my hat in the ring for the Garmin Instinct Solar. I have the original model, but I’ve heard the newer version is a little more functional (especially the flashlight feature, believe it or not). For how I use it, the Fenix is overkill.

I used a Suunto Ambit3 Peak before I switched to the Garmin… I think Suunto is a slightly better multi sport watch, but Garmin looks better.

Mcfish

FNG
Just moved up to the Garmin Fenix 7 solar. I've charged it once in the last month, and that's in the dead of winter with much less sunlight exposure.
I had a Garmin Instinct for several trouble free years and loved it. About 4 months ago I moved up to the Garmin Fenix 7 solar also. I can't say enough good things about it. The battery lasts so long that I'm not sure I even needed solar. It's one of my most trusted tech items.

I thought that a flashlight on a watch was gimmicky at first, but I use it quite often and really appreciate it.

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin Fenix. Just make sure you get the sapphire glass. 5 years and it’s still going how it should.

Another vote for the Fenix 6 with Sapphire glass. 14 days worth of battery on a charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q child

WKR
Yes. Trading an omega for a smart watch 💔
Agreed wholeheartedly. I didn't know what to say because the OPs mind seemed made up. Who cares about a heartbeat monitor when compared to a watch with a heartbeat of its own?

Crusader

WKR
I got a good deal from Suunto on a refurbished 9 Peak Pro and in the color I wanted. Comes with a 2 yr warranty. Free shipping from Finland on DHL and will be delivered Friday. Thank you
If you don't mind sharing, how much did that refurb watch cost?

WBrim

WKR
I have used a Sunto Spartan Ultra. I’ve been wanting something else, and this thread was rather helpful. It certainly confirmed my thoughts that a Fenix should be a good option.