MKC Jackstone

Thanks to you all for the input on this thread! I have been looking for a smaller length hunting blade and picked up one of these. I debated getting the Grohman, but liked the bigger belly on the jackstone and I have been really liking the magnacut steel with a couple other blades. the knife Feels very comfortable in hand and I can’t wait to put it to use.

wesfromky

WKR
Here is the Esee AGK next to the Jackstone. I used the Esee on a couple of deer last year and really liked it, so hopefully will be able to do a couple with the Jackstone this year. Just a quick out of the box comparison, the Jackstone feels a bit better, I think. Lighter, and maybe better ergonomics. Plus, the jimping is nice. The Esee is for sure heavy duty - thicker and feels more solid.

IMG_7158.jpeg

wesfromky

WKR
And, here is the Jackstone, AGK and the MKC Stubhorn. The Stubhorn feels really good, the little thumb divots are a nice addition. Maybe a little bit bigger then what I normally use, but hopefully will do a deer or two with it this fall as well. The two MKCs will be in my pack this fall, the AGK has been moved to my hiking pack for now.IMG_7159.jpeg

Here is the Esee AGK next to the Jackstone. I used the Esee on a couple of deer last year and really liked it, so hopefully will be able to do a couple with the Jackstone this year. Just a quick out of the box comparison, the Jackstone feels a bit better, I think. Lighter, and maybe better ergonomics. Plus, the jimping is nice. The Esee is for sure heavy duty - thicker and feels more solid.

View attachment 756027

Yeah I almost bought an AGK but the blade thickness was a bit of a turn off 5/16 is the thickness I'd want for a knife i'm batoning branches. I

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I almost bought an AGK but the blade thickness was a bit of a turn off 5/16 is the thickness I'd want for a knife i'm batoning branches. I

I picked one up on sale when the S35 version came out and this is exactly how I feel about it. I haven’t used it on an animal yet so I’m reserving judgement but at face value it feels very “overbuilt”.

wesfromky

WKR
I picked one up on sale when the S35 version came out and this is exactly how I feel about it. I haven’t used it on an animal yet so I’m reserving judgement but at face value it feels very “overbuilt”.
I think Esee in general tend to be a bit overbuilt. The AGK worked great on a couple of deer last year, so as long as you are not counting ounces, it should be fine. It is reasonable to resharpen as well. The MKC is probably a better dedicated hunting knife, but it also costs double the AGK.

Trldad

FNG
And, here is the Jackstone, AGK and the MKC Stubhorn. The Stubhorn feels really good, the little thumb divots are a nice addition. Maybe a little bit bigger then what I normally use, but hopefully will do a deer or two with it this fall as well. The two MKCs will be in my pack this fall, the AGK has been moved to my hiking pack for now.View attachment 756036

I also purchased a Stubhorn on the drop. Feels great in the hand. Can't wait to put it through its paces this fall. It is going with me on a bear hunt in Maine as well as locally for whitetails.