Missouri Dove Season

hntr

FNG
Spring/early summer got away from us and we didn't get anything in the ground for Doves. The farm usually has some doves without doing anything, but not enough to make a fun hunt. In the past we have hunted early cut corn, sileage, and mowed down sunflower fields elsewhere. Probably have to find other areas like that. I am curious though if anyone has some legal tips to get birds to settle at our farm during migration by September 1st? We have a few acres on the farm that are currently not used that we can play around with.

If you have any weedy fields just disk one down and the doves will flock in like crazy. Or you could disc and plant a winter wheat or winter rye food plot for deer. Typically anytime I make bare ground in the late summer early fall, I've got tons of doves.

If you have any weedy fields just disk one down and the doves will flock in like crazy. Or you could disc and plant a winter wheat or winter rye food plot for deer. Typically anytime I make bare ground in the late summer early fall, I've got tons of doves.
Awesome! Thanks!

Back