Missing NPF: database for missing people in National Parks and Forests

This weekend I was hunting a spot and I had the thought: if you went missing out here no one would ever find you. Got me to wondering if I had hunted places with folks still missing. So I did some Googling and found the Missing NPF database, which as far as I can tell, is the most comprehensive source for people missing (and found) on National Park and National Forest ground. I'm unsure if it includes BLM or other land designations. It has a pretty decent map and filter feature so you can fly around and look at your hunting areas, and exclude (or include) found people. Anyway, just thought y'all might find it interesting.

Edited to add link to map portion of website: https://missingnpf.com/map/

Last edited:

NB7

WKR
Pretty interesting site content and a lot of rabbit holes to go down there.

hunterjmj

WKR
Interesting site. That is a whole lot of people. I only came across a couple that were found alive.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Several years ago my buddy and I were hunting and came upon a steep V type wash in the timber where it was obvious that a flash flood type of storm had washed through it. My buddy found a pair of trekking poles in the debris, and we both kind of looked at each other thinking the same thing.......and started looking for the body. Never found one, but who knows.....it could still be buried in debris.

OP
Dos Perros
I was thinking the find rate was pretty high, and honestly less total missing people than I was expecting.