Mill Creek Watershed - Oregon

DeeMo

FNG
I was lucky enough to draw the Mill Creek tag this year (Oregon side), but the last hunters I know who went in there hunted it in 2017. Anybody have insight into numbers or trends these days? I heard wolves have been a little more active in the past 5 years and I'm hoping they haven't done too much damage. I'm well aware of how steep it is, that's one of the challenges I'm excited about.

BluMtn

WKR
Just a heads up, the F.S. is going to be doing some helicopter logging in there this summer. And good luck, get into good shape.

Why don’t threads with specific Oregon units ever get locked? There’s been a rash of them concerning sheep, elk etc.. but they just get left up. I thought that the mods shut this down quickly when it was going on for other Western States.

OP
D

DeeMo

FNG
I was lucky enough to draw the Mill Creek tag this year (Oregon side), but the last hunters I know who went in there hunted it in 2017. Anybody have insight into numbers or trends these days? I heard wolves have been a little more active in the past 5 years and I'm hoping they haven't done too much damage. I'm well aware of how steep it is, that's one of the challenges I'm excited about.
Just a heads up, the F.S. is going to be doing some helicopter logging in there this summer. And good luck, get into good shape.
bummer. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
D

DeeMo

FNG
Why don’t threads with specific Oregon units ever get locked? There’s been a rash of them concerning sheep, elk etc.. but they just get left up. I thought that the mods shut this down quickly when it was going on for other Western States.
Didn’t know I was violating some code. Thought sharing (some) info was part of what this forum was for.

BluMtn

WKR
The watershed has no OTC tags. It is a special tag with a limited amount of tags. Also it has limited entry (Daylight hours only) and it is unlawful to camp in there overnight. So as far as talking about units for hunting, the watershed is safe to talk about. The only time the watershed can be entered is during elk season or unless you are a member of the Umatilla Nation on a religious endeavor.