Longbow Creek Reunion

mooster

WKR
I agree about safety in the field, am quite terrified of interrupting a hunt due to an accident so I use these cut proof coated wire mesh gloves off Amazon. They are extremely comfortable. Have a rubberized surface in the work area. Two pair for $14 seems a bargain to ensure we don't have a bad accident during the butchering phase. I use on my deer, bear, and moose butchering jobs just to be safe as it seems when we hurried, we get careless.

Great write up. It made me miss moose country.
What gloves were you wearing for the butchering? That's an easily over looked safety item.
Cut Resistant Work Gloves MicroFoam Nitrile Coated-2 Pairs,KAYGO KG21NB, High Cut Level 5,Superior GRIP Performance,Wrapped f
KAYGO
Cut Resistant Work Gloves MicroFoam Nitrile Coated-2 Pairs,KAYGO KG21NB, High Cut Level 5,Superior GRIP Performance,Wrapped for Vending,Ideal for General Duty WorkCut Resistant Work Gloves MicroFoam Nitrile Coated-2 Pairs,KAYGO KG21NB, High Cut Level 5,Superior GRIP Performance,Wrapped for Vending,Ideal for General Duty Work
Purchased 3x.Last purchased on Nov 23, 2020
4.4 out of 5 stars 480
$13.98 for two pairs

teamr2

FNG
Congratulations on your kill and your modesty. Your writing is far better than you give yourself credit for.

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
KD. Great write-up but very much loved the pics. Such a great eye for what the camera will embrace. Most of all, the tips and wisdom you share vs merely relaying a blow by blow is perfect for passing knowledge. Thank you

Kevin, Kudos to you on another successful adventure. Much respect for getting it done with a trad bow. You also are an inspiration to many of us to make these dream hunts happen. Wishing you many more years of adventures so we can extend our hunting season reading stories like yours. We have a limited number of sunrises and opportunities to hunt, make the most of them. Looking forward to hearing about next years adventure.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Excellent in every way as always. Congratulations my friend, you have had “it” figured out for a long long time and thanks for sharing.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You had me on the edge of my seat and I got a great bull this year. All that to say, great write up!!!

What broadhead??? How many pounds do you draw on your longbow?

OP
Kevin Dill
You had me on the edge of my seat and I got a great bull this year. All that to say, great write up!!!

What broadhead??? How many pounds do you draw on your longbow?
Thanks. My broadhead for many years has been the Abowyer Wapiti single-bevel x 175 grains. I'm shooting a 60# set of limbs for moose and I typically get all of the poundage when I draw.

OP
Kevin Dill
T3j5Aral.jpg

0zAjtMSl.jpg

Roy68

WKR
Great write up and what an awesome hunt.

Also thank you for the x-mas gift idea as several will now be getting “Three Peckered Billy Goat” coffee!!

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Between this write up and akdoc’s my desire to go hunt in Alaska is growing every day. Time to start a budget and work on the warden.

awesome write up and thanks for sharing, great pictures!

Whip

WKR
I don't think there is anything better than a KD moose hunt story, magazines included. You have a serious gift with words my friend, and really know how to make the reader feel as if we are seeing the whole thing through your eyes. It's always a treat and an inspiration.
Congratulations again on another great hunt and a mighty fine bull!

OP
Kevin Dill
I don't think there is anything better than a KD moose hunt story, magazines included. You have a serious gift with words my friend, and really know how to make the reader feel as if we are seeing the whole thing through your eyes. It's always a treat and an inspiration.
Congratulations again on another great hunt and a mighty fine bull!
Thanks sincerely Joe. I suppose my passion for hunting this great animal is what propels me to describe how the hunt goes, with all its ins and outs. Any successful hunt (and especially one with a stickbow) depends on at least one or two turns of luck, and this hunt was no different. A lot of things came together, and I was just one small part of it. KD

Last edited:

Scoot

WKR
Kevin, your stories are always articulate and thoughtful. Your appreciation for the animals you chase, the country they live in, and your ability to chase them always comes through. I really, really enjoy your stories and greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your adventures and the great pictures you take while on them. As someone who occasionally shares stories with pics online, I understand how much effort goes into writing these stories up. Getting to "tag along" vicariously, thanks to your efforts to share your adventures, is one of the beautiful benefits of sites like this for wannabes like me, who have never been to Alaska to hunt moose. Thanks for taking the time.