Miles on your old 7.3 diesel?

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a 97 with 19,000 miles on it around 1999 or 2000. I sold it to my son in law 3 years ago. It had 389,000 on it. I wish I had kept it. Its still going strong. Crew Cab, Short box, dual tanks. I had to replace the transmission around 320,000. I put a water pump on it, two alternators, and I think 4 sets of batteries. Other then that the truck was great. I actually have been looking for another. Looking at prices I should have kept my other one.

Pdzoller

WKR
We had a crummy at work that got to around 450k. We thrashed that poor truck daily and it only went to the shop three times that I know of. I would never treat my own vehicle like that but it just kept on going. It got replaced because of getting totaled. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was still going if not for that.

Brooks

WKR
I’ve got a 1999 F250 with a 7.3 and a 2021 F350 with a 6.7. I like the 99 but the 6.7 F350 beats it in every way ! The 7.3 is a good Ol boy, very dependable but it doesn’t have half the power or the fuel mileage of the 6.7. I didn’t think there would be a motor I liked as much as the 7.3 but since buying a new F350 in 2014 with the 6.7 and putting almost 300,000 trouble free miles on it and now the 2021 I like the 6.7 even more.

Attachments

• IMG_1931.jpeg
    IMG_1931.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1932.jpeg
    IMG_1932.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 28
IMG_3986.jpeg

IMG_3983.jpeg

1997 Ford F250 7.3L Powerstroke diesel 4WD Super Cab
171,129 miles
Manual hubs
5 speed manual transmission (millennial anti-theft device)
Long bed w/bed mat
Tow package
A/C, power windows, power door locks
Very good condition, meticulously maintained

I bought her from my dad, who bought her new as his retirement present to himself. Gonna sell her soon, though, she’s more than I need.

P

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

I didn't have any rust on mine until I had a run-in with a Walmart shopping cart a couple years ago. It was one of the tall carts that came out of nowhere and rolled into me. I figured the truck would just push it out of the way so kept going. Nope. Somehow it got knocked down and then sucked under the truck and the rear wheel. No big deal......it will squash and that will be that. Nope. It got stuck and I had to back up to get it unstuck. In that whole process it did a number on the truck between the right rear wheel and the right rear door, bending it up and digging deep into the paint in many places. The worst part.......that cart didn't even have a scratch on it, let alone a bend. Must be made out of some new indestructible alloy.......SMH.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👊

I would pay money if Walmart would sell me the security cam video of this event.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Or is there nothing like freedom of speech any longer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That’s not what they meant.

Post count simply means how many posts you have on the site, we use it to look for spammers in the classifieds and trollers.

You only have 10 so it raises flags if your comments don’t make sense

We were just a little confused about some of your posts.

Use the reply button at the bottom of each post, if you’re talking directly to somebody, it’ll clarify your post

Thanks

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The best mechanic I know around here collects 7.3 diesels because he can always fix whatever’s wrong and turn them around for a profit.

I almost bought one from him last year that had about 250 K on it, but the body rust and the worn out upholstery couldn’t get me excited.

He’s had quite a few in his fleet with that 250 to 400,000 miles and he gets them sold no problem.

Good trucks for the money.

Wrench

WKR
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👊

I would pay money if Walmart would sell me the security cam video of this event.
I watched some shitbird send a cart into the parking lot after he finished loading his groceries. I ran over and grabbed it and put it behind the shitbirds car. He backed into it...and blew a gasket.

He sent it across the lot again and I grabbed it and tipped it on it's side behind his car....he backed into it again and THEN it was a show....lol.

OP
Lil-Rokslider
Or is there nothing like freedom of speech any longer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No, not what I meant, sorry. Welcome to the forum. What kind of hunting do you like to do? Where do you live? Do you own a 7.3 or have interest in them?

Last edited:
OP
Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 663684

View attachment 663685

1997 Ford F250 7.3L Powerstroke diesel 4WD Super Cab
171,129 miles
Manual hubs
5 speed manual transmission (millennial anti-theft device)
Long bed w/bed mat
Tow package
A/C, power windows, power door locks
Very good condition, meticulously maintained

I bought her from my dad, who bought her new as his retirement present to himself. Gonna sell her soon, though, she’s more than I need.

P
Man, I keep coming back and looking at this truck.....

I really don't need another truck, but send me a message with some details anyways😁

I don't know about a 7.3 "Power Stroke", but I have an 01' Cummins with 415k on it.
Still get 17mpg.
My neighbor had a '93 Cummins. The speedometer broke at 469K and he drove it another bazillion miles.
Matt is one of those guys that will stop half acre shy of planting a 300 acre wheat field to change the oil in his tractor.
When Matt parks a piece of equipment and says, "It's worn out.", you may as well haul it to the scrap yard!
One of his hands was driving the '93 across a pasture to turn some steers. He hit a ditch and ripped the entire front axle out from under it.
Matt pulled the motor and transmission out of the truck. Junked the truck and put the motor in one truck and the transmission in another.
Forty years and he still uses them both!

That's tough!

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got an 02 with abou 270k used it a bunch this summer to tow grossing 30k it didn’t do to bad for as old as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk