Mid layer bottoms?

I did some searching but haven't found any discussion about mid-layer bottoms. I'm going muley hunting in SW Montana in early Nov, and want to be prepared for some cold. I have merino base layers and Kuiu Attack top layer, but I'm considering whether I need a mid layer bottom. I've spent too much on gear for this trip to afford a pair of puffy pants for an outer layer, so hoping to get a fairly inexpensive option for bottom mid layer. $50 or so would be the max. Any thoughts?

H80Hunter

WKR
I’m not really sure about the specifics of your hunt, but I love the SG Helio bottoms. Would be easier to vent with pants that don’t have mesh vents but you could easily reach in and run the zipper down for hiking. I love walking to a tree stand and opening the bibs and base layer wide open.

SloppyJ

WKR
Following along. I typically Static hunt deer so this is a new game for me. Have a 2nd rifle trip next year in CO. From my research anywhere from 55 to 15 degrees. The bottoms seem to be giving me the most problems as far as what to bring.

I was thinking some kiln zipoffs, attack/mountain pant outers and some puffy pants to pull over if needed but I'd like to see the recommendations here.

If you're moving you probably won't need them, if you're stationary you'll probably need puffy. Wife loves snow so always drags me out in 3rd rifle easy to draw unit. I just wear my light merino 145 from Kuiu and either Attack pants or Timberline pants and it's fine unless I sit longer than an hour or so somewhere. I have a pair of Axis pants but they make me sweat so pretty much never wear them. Last trip out there we woke up several mornings to -4 and one I think -6 temps, couple days it didn't get out of single digits according to our thermometer.